The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BEST/WORST CANUCKS AUTOGRAPH

bb83

I have 3 Canuck autographs. Got one from Tiger Williams & Kirk McLean when I was deployed overseas. That was a great experience, it was nice to see they cared enough to go see the troops. And I also have a game worn Rick Rypien jersey that I had him sign during the hockey school that he had in the Crowsnest Pass.

I won a contest to caddy a hockey player during a charity golf tourney in Penticton and I picked Greg Adams. So I spent 7 hours with him and then he asked me to come back again the next year. I spent another 7 hours with the guy. Hes the nicest hockey player I have ever met. She genuily honest. Cliff Ronning recognized me in a bar (8 years after I met him) He is a wicked honest guy too. I also love Kevin Dineen I am so happy hes a coach now. I hope the Panthers end up in Vancouver this year again, I am going to ask my security guard friend to get him to meet with me again, Kevin would totally recognize me ...we shared a lot of laughs over three or four golf tourneys. Ryan Walter was aweome, he knew I wasnt supposed to be where I was (downstairs by the dressing rooms in the Saddledome, he just smiled and laughed...I shook his huge hand...that was the same day I met Theo Fluery...he has the most gorgous green eyes, shook my hand like I was his best friend and smiled...hes a sweet guy...I am really glad he recovered from his addiction/ emotional issues. I have so many more stories..I could go on and on but I would bore you guys

Alex Burrows went from one of the nicest at gate 9, to a complete d*ck. Christian Ehrhoff took over as the "nicest autograph signer ever" role, every single non game day and game day skate on his way out he would stop, literally turn his car off and sign for everyone and sign everything. Alex Burrows can't be bothered to even look at the fans let alone give a wave or actually sign anymore. Even Luongo stops sometimes and waves every other time, but Burrows will only stop after win's right after the game now. Anyways, like others, I don't sell any of my stuff cause the money isn't worth the experience and stories I can tell my kids. I have so much stuff (10's of stuff by every player on the roster except Lu, only 6 by him) so I go when I don't have work or school for away teams. I've met and have autographs and/or pictures with the starting 19 + brodeur of Team Canada and team USA's top 6. I've developed some sort of "friendship" with Bieksa now, he remembers my name, has recorded my voicemail message for me lol.

Ahhh... I have so many autographs.... And all of them were done here in Vegas (09, 10, 11 NHL Awards Shows, Wayne Gretzky Fantasy Camps)... I have met so many players and here's my run down:

BEST CANUCKS

Daniel and Henrik Sedins

Roberto Luongo- He took the time to sign my white 2010 Team Canada jersey, although his signature sucks... Really...

Ryan Kesler-

Cory Schneider

Alain Vigneault

Mike Gillis

Russ and Geoff Cortnall

Best other NHL'ers:

Wayne Gretzky- Class act! He took the time to sign 2 things and a photo op.

Walter Gretzky- Great guy and fun to chat with!

Marty McSorely

Steven Stamkos

Curtis Joseph

Jeremy Roenick

Sidney Crosby

Marty Brodeur

Nicklas Lidstrom

Shane Doan

Drew Doughty

Jonathan Toews

Ryan Getlaff

Shea Weber

Mike Green

Alex Ovechkin

Pekka Rinne

Grant Fehr

Chris Cheilos

Ian Lapierrere

Jean Beliveau

Brett Hull

Bobby Hull

Bobby Ryan

Worst NHL'er

Corey Perry- He is a prick

Patrick Kane

Mark Messier

Ryan Miller- He just doesn't like doing autographs/photos

Alex Burrows went from one of the nicest at gate 9, to a complete d*ck. Christian Ehrhoff took over as the "nicest autograph signer ever" role, every single non game day and game day skate on his way out he would stop, literally turn his car off and sign for everyone and sign everything. Alex Burrows can't be bothered to even look at the fans let alone give a wave or actually sign anymore. Even Luongo stops sometimes and waves every other time, but Burrows will only stop after win's right after the game now. Anyways, like others, I don't sell any of my stuff cause the money isn't worth the experience and stories I can tell my kids. I have so much stuff (10's of stuff by every player on the roster except Lu, only 6 by him) so I go when I don't have work or school for away teams. I've met and have autographs and/or pictures with the starting 19 + brodeur of Team Canada and team USA's top 6. I've developed some sort of "friendship" with Bieksa now, he remembers my name, has recorded my voicemail message for me lol.

Maybe Burrows doesnt stop for you anymore, because hes seen you a bit too much. Maybe its time to move on. how many autographs/pictures do you need of these guys...they are probably wondering if your selling their autograph. I dont even get autographs anymore. They are so for kids under 17. I just like to joke with them, and have quick chats with them like they are the guy next door. Because they are just people

I remember one of the first times I went to Vancouver (I was like 7 or 8). They were having an open practice and my dad got seats right behind the home bench. After the practice when they were walking off the ice Markus Naslund tapped on the glass in front of me and told me and my dad to come into the dressing room. I got a free Jersey signed by the team, a couple sticks signed by the team, pictures with everyone, and Markus Naslund took me and my dad put for lunch. Also one year for provincials my coach set up for the team to watch a practice and we got to meet the Canucks and Red Wings.

Trevor Linden is also one of the classiest guys I've ever heard of. My one friend was diagnosed with cancer when she was 6 years old (and actually ended up losing one of her legs due to the cancer), and she was staying in Canucks Place. She ended up meeting a bunch of Canuck players but Trevor took it to the next level, almost once a week including summer time he would come visit her and gave her tickets to a bunch of games. Even after she survived cancer he continues to email her to see how she is doing and still gives her tickets to games, she got to see his jersey retired from the first row and a a few playoff games last year.

My aunt and uncle also live across the street from Dany Heatley's summer home in Kelowna and a couple blocks away from Jerome Iginla. This one year where I was instructing the OHS Heatley thought my dad and I were stalking him because we saw him at the rink then went to a mini golf course and saw him there. After mini golfing we went home and pretty well followed him to his driveway (all of this was without him not knowing that we were staying across the street from him). After he found out that we actually weren't stalking him he invited us over for a BBQ and there were a few NHL players there.

Another time My dad and I were golfing at Predator Ridge and it was kinda slow so we were waiting at the tee box and some guy behind us asked us if we wanted to pair up to make it go a little faster, I turned around and my exact word were "holy s#!t you're Jerome Iginla"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived