The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Year Ago Today: June 10, 2011 ... This Happened

Franz Liszt

I think you all misunderstood me. I am a Canuck fan for life and I do believe that we will have a cup one day but it is a little frustrating and depressing when you have been watching them play for over 20 years and nothing! Is it so wrong to want to have more then one team when your own team disappoints you in such a way?Yet then again, I am also a Red Wings fan and I know they have won quite a few cups in their time, A lot of which I got to see them win and yet as sweet as those victories are....... they didn't even come close to being as sweet as it would be if Vancouver won.

Hope is eternal. Last year was a great run. Be happy that we have a talented and passionate enough team to do it again next season. So much of the post-season is based on injuries and luck, two elements that are largely out of the hands of the Canucks. As long as we keep gettting to the dance, one of these years it will pay off big.

Who the hell on CDC needs to be reminded. Most of us here are not casual fans, but die hards, and if you're as die hard as I am, memories of the SCF from last year are still quite vivid, and painful to revisit.

Oh what could've been.....sigh!

Archived