The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumor) Mason Raymond drawing interest

:picard: Subban is only in his 2nd season, and has gotten 38 and 36 points in his first two seasons, much better than Edler's first two. Subban is already better than Edler defensively, and will be better offensively than Edler, at Edler's age. Edler is also a ufa next year. It's an underpayment from us.

extrapolating.png

Subban's 2nd season isn't much better than Edler's 2nd. They are similar defensively.

I always lol when people think potential>the real thing.

Montreal would not trade Subban for Edler. But we would not trade Edler for Subban.

If you ask other teams, believe it or not, there are some that would rather have Edler. His lack of on ice antics, and already being an established #1 (or at the worst, #2) make him a desirable asset. Whereas Subban's RFA status, age, and potential (although if you ask me, Edler still has room to grow) make him a desirable asset.

That trade is not worthy of a facepalm, and even though Montreal would probably not do it, it's not because Subban>Edler.

Raymond to MTL for ANYTHING would be overpayment by MTL hahaha.

maybe Raymond/3rd for Moen?

Sedins - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - ________

Higgins - Manny - Hansen

Moen - Lapierre - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - ______

Salo - Tanev

With Raymond/Luongo/Ballard possibly gone, that's $13mil right there for a top 6 forward and a top 4 D. Any ideas?

would be happy if Raymond could be traded for one of the L.A. big forwards or defensemen lower in their roster depth chart

get a Trevor Lewis or Dwight King's rights for Raymond and punch a soft spot in their roster when he plays lol... or swap his RFA rights and a 4th or something for Simon Gagne; both guys could use fresh starts and Simon could be the play maker for Kes

He'll probably have a Grabner-like season on any other team playing on their 1st line, then fade away.

I've always thought Raymond plays the same style as Crosby - a skilled game, not much physicality and great skaters and vision. They skate very similarly and puck handle along the boards the same, but obviously Crosby is about a billion times better at everything than Raymond.

If he can work on his strength Raymond is going to make a lot of CDC fans pissed off when he's tearing it up in 3 or 4 years time on another team. The kid still has potential to break out. I wouldn't mind him for 2 million playing on our 3rd line with Hansen, then drop him to the 4th line in the playoffs where he can be a sort of player who flies under the radar ala Gionta, Lewis, Bernier etc.

He'll probably have a Grabner-like season on any other team playing on their 1st line, then fade away.

I've always thought Raymond plays the same style as Crosby - a skilled game, not much physicality and great skaters and vision. They skate very similarly and puck handle along the boards the same, but obviously Crosby is about a billion times better at everything than Raymond.

If he can work on his strength Raymond is going to make a lot of CDC fans pissed off when he's tearing it up in 3 or 4 years time on another team. The kid still has potential to break out. I wouldn't mind him for 2 million playing on our 3rd line with Hansen, then drop him to the 4th line in the playoffs where he can be a sort of player who flies under the radar ala Gionta, Lewis, Bernier etc.

Archived