The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luke Schenn to Oilers

Actually it will be like the Sedin's scenerio all over again, and this is how he should do it,

Trades:

To Columbus: Jake Gardiner, Nikolai Kulemin, 2013 1st

To Toronto: 1st (2nd Overall), Kristain Huselius (UFA Rights)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then they trade..

To Edmonton: Luke Schenn, 2nd Overall

To Toronto: 1st Overall, David Musil.

So they have #1 and #5

Then at the Draft...

1: Toronto: Nail Yakupov

2: Edmonton: Ryan Murray

3: Montreal: Mikhail Grigorenko

4: New York: Matt Dumba

5: Edmonton: Alex Galchenyuk

Then they have a future top line of:

Yakupov - Galchenyuk - Kessel

How Deadly is that, it would probably never happen but I would be happy for TO if they ever got 1st Overall.

If the Oilers are stupid enough to trade Yakupov, who could be better than both Hall and Nugent-Hopkins, they will likely have the #1 pick again next year. Draft Yakupov, see how things develop and then make a deal for a defenceman from there. It's not like Schenn and Murray gets them a playoff spot this year anyway.

Yakupov Nugent-Hopkins Hemsky

Hall Eberle Gagner

Paajarvi Horcoff Jones

Not bad top 3 lines and then deal from there.

People ripping Schenn are idiotic. He's a very young defenseman that was rushed to the NHL on a bad team and expected to be a defensive savior. Does nobody think that on a better team with better coaching and development that this guy could be the stud he was supposed to be when he was drafted?!? I am a bit concerned with his skating, but I have no doubt that he would be a significantly better player here then he is as a Leaf.

Why would the Oil settle for Schenn when they could use that pick to acquire a legitimate marquis defenseman? Who thinks Schenn is in a class with the type of blueliner you could get in return for Yakupov? If so, why would Burke be shopping him?

Wishful thinking by the Toronto media.

Kane for Schenn and Alzner? No.

Stamkos for two Luke Schenn's? No.

Tavares for Luke and Brayden? No.

Hall for Schenn and Niederreiter? No.

RNH for Schenn and Strome? No.

The day will likely come where I wouldn't trade Yakupov for Schenn and whoever gets picked 5th overall.

Guest Dasein

As long as it means Schenn is not coming to Vancouver then rumor away........

Check my twitter account and start a new post, this isn't a rumor but a fact.............Luke Schenn sucks

Source is 100% true

Okay I'll try to make this more clear: so Toronto starts out with the 5th overall.

Then the 1st Trade:

To CBJ: Jake Gardiner, Nikolai Kulemin, 2013 1st Round Pick

To Toronto: 1st (2nd Overall), Kristain Huselius (UFA Rights)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So after this they have: the 5th overall (cause they traded there 2013 first not there 2012 first) and the 2nd Overall

Then they trade..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Edmonton: Luke Schenn, 2nd Overall

To Toronto: 1st Overall, David Musil.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then they end up having the 1st Overall from these trades, aswell they still have there 5th overall because it was never moved.

Guest Dasein

You guys I know that there are some flaws and that it is pretty unrealistic.. see.

I was just throwing it out there, not in a serious way, I was just saying that Burke should do to get Yakupov and Galchenyuk, what he did to get Henrik and Daniel. But as I said just in a "Throwing it out there" sort of way, It was never meant to be anything too serious. :P

Archived