The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal/value of) sheldon souray

he has a bad rep around him but he is a good player. he is 6'4 237lbs and can put up points and is also reliable in his own end. he ended the season a +11 and with 21points. i think he can be a good bottom pairing d-man. sign him for 2 years 2mill per.

bieksa hamhuis

edler garrison

souray ballard

/salo, alberts

send tanev down to the minors for another year. ballard was just starting to play good until he got injured so i think another season with us wouldnt hurt. if anything it can increase his trade value if he does decent.

so what do you think? would he be a good pickup?

I'd love to see Souray; big shot, can fight, and a 237 lb anchor. Would be a fantastic signing! :towel:

A 3rd pairing guy, who at any time could jump up into a top pair, or run a PP. Dallas got serious mileage out of him (almost made the playoffs), and Detroit has extended many careers with signings like him. And how many 237 lb guys are there that can actually play?

I did propose him, amongst some others (Arnott) in another post a week or so ago. I was reminded, by TOML if I remember right, that he is 35 and his salary cap counts if he retires. Read that as only suggest 1 year contracts at a time!

he has a bad rep around him but he is a good player. he is 6'4 237lbs and can put up points and is also reliable in his own end. he ended the season a +11 and with 21points. i think he can be a good bottom pairing d-man. sign him for 2 years 2mill per.

bieksa hamhuis

edler garrison

souray ballard

/salo, alberts

send tanev down to the minors for another year. ballard was just starting to play good until he got injured so i think another season with us wouldnt hurt. if anything it can increase his trade value if he does decent.

so what do you think? would he be a good pickup?

Archived