The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Great, yet another team gets a cup before us

PenguinsCanucks

I agree with you. I am getting tired of all the non hockey markets winning the Cup before the Canucks. The only one that is smiling is Bettman because he doesn't care about the Canadian market as long as his non hockey markets keep winning. He knows that us Canadian fans will keep going and selling out. His number one proiority are these non hockey markets that he is trying to sell a game to fans that 99% of them don't even know what hockey is.

I said it before and I will say it agin, I think the Canucks may have missed the boat last year. This was there best chance to win it and when you get that chance you have too go for it as you may not get there again for another 10 or 20 years. Look at teams like Washington, San Jose and a few years ago Ottawa always contending but have never being able to go all the way. I just hope the Canucks don't end up dooing the same thing.

LA had a great run but what a lot of people seem to forget is that the 4 games they lost were all series clincing losses. The one weakness they had was they were unable to go for the juggler when they needed to, although they had the lauxury of knowing being up 3 games to 0 the odds were in their favour. The reason why they made the run was hot goaltending, making the right moves at the right time and the change of coaches, so they peaked at the right time. Unlike teams like the Canucks, Pittsburg and Boston that peaked to early and didn't carry it into the playoffs.

LA only lost 4 times the whole run. They were the underdog and maximized what they had.

I dunno if its just me but some ppl seem satisfied if the canucks squeak by in four 4-3 squeakers winning mostly by luck to get the cup but the dominance and confidence the kings showed is what I want my hometown team to have.

LA never got blown out 8-1, they never blew a 3-0 lead so bad that it had to go to fluke game 7 and they topples three top seeded teams and kept winning on the road.

I dunno if I can stick to being a Canucks fan when Theres tons of teams in many sports that show the swagger, passion, smarts and sharpness it takes to not just win but win convincingly in championship fashion. The hodgson trade, not making coaching changes and excuses upon excuses are bs.

As much as I'm happy for the kings and their win I'm floored and disappointed that the Canucks are just in denial and an excuse making machine all while playing a fragmented and uninspired brand of hockey when it counts.

If the Canucks don't lose half their team on route to the finals they may have a chance. In 1982 we lost to a Dynasty team (that no longer exists in the NHL), in 1994 we lost to one of the more dominant teams in the league (when upsets were truly shocking), and in 2011 we lost to a healthier, more physical team. The Canucks lost their chance by not being a dominant team in the 80's-90's.

LA had a great run but what a lot of people seem to forget is that the 4 games they lost were all series clincing losses. The one weakness they had was they were unable to go for the juggler when they needed to, although they had the lauxury of knowing being up 3 games to 0 the odds were in their favour. The reason why they made the run was hot goaltending, making the right moves at the right time and the change of coaches, so they peaked at the right time. Unlike teams like the Canucks, Pittsburg and Boston that peaked to early and didn't carry it into the playoffs.

I'll just repost this, given the subject topic:

Cities Post Canucks entry

New York Islanders - 4

Edmonton - 5

Calgary - 1

New Jersey - 3

Colorado - 2

Dallas - 1

Tampa Bay - 1

Carolina - 1

Anaheim - 1

And a being a little looser with the stats

Cities 3 years prior to Canaucks entry

Pittsburgh- 3

Philidelphia - 2

......LA Kings - 1

This just makes it seem more and more like the Canucks are never going to win anything

We go up 2-0 last year but of course we implode cause it's us, something like that always happens to this team.

Now you have LA another team who has never won it before goes up 2-0 and they keep their foot on the gas and blow them out in game 3 and go up 3-0, then have a couple hiccups in games 4 and 5 and then completely dominate them on home ice and take the cup. Canucks just never ever seem to have that gear when it counts

This just makes it seem more and more like the Canucks are never going to win anything

We go up 2-0 last year but of course we implode cause it's us, something like that always happens to this team.

Now you have LA another team who has never won it before goes up 2-0 and they keep their foot on the gas and blow them out in game 3 and go up 3-0, then have a couple hiccups in games 4 and 5 and then completely dominate them on home ice and take the cup. Canucks just never ever seem to have that gear when it counts

Archived