The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you feel better about losing to the Kings now?

Red Light Racicot

I just came back from L.A. yesterday and I wont feel bad if the fan base in L.A. sucks so bad. When I arrived I asked the cab driver how he felt about the Kings in the cup final, I get this response " Are they?". When we went around the city or anywhere in L.A. all I didnt see much Kings apparel ( I counted 3 people wearing something kings). Just blows my mind that this team sucks for 19 years and they get a lucky year and no one cares? Just some actors who wanna be seen on T.V. Dont get me wrong its great for the players happy willie got the cup, Just dissapointed with the fan base. Some cities dont deserve a team when other teams are aching to win a cup for the first time and their fan base is great. Bettman needs a butt kicking if he thinks for one minute hockey will sell over basketball or football in U.S.A.

No. If we beat chicago we could have done what they did. If we beat boston we would have been champions. If we beat los angeles we would have been champs. It desn't make feel any better knowing if we beat the team that beat us we would have won the Cup.

Can we stop with these dumb threads. Why would fans or Canucks team feel better Kings won the Cup??? Its obious Kings were the better team for the series how else did they win? Are you implying everyine thought the Kings flukes beating the Canucks? Makes no sense to feel better a team that beats your home team wins the cup. Because obviosuly if the Canucks beat the Kings it could have been Canucks hoisting the cup.

Can we stop with these dumb threads. Why would fans or Canucks team feel better Kings won the Cup??? Its obious Kings were the better team for the series how else did they win? Are you implying everyine thought the Kings flukes beating the Canucks? Makes no sense to feel better a team that beats your home team wins the cup. Because obviosuly if the Canucks beat the Kings it could have been Canucks hoisting the cup.

No guarantee even if the Canucks beat the Kings they would have went all the way. It is sometimes to do with the way teams match up. Some teams just play better against other teams. There may have been teams that would have beaten the Kings but they were knocked out early. One never knows. That is why the League Champions or Presidents Trophy winners should be given more credence then they get. The SC playoffs are a whole new season. A goalie gets hot at the right time and a team build for a Cup run may not be able to win day in and day out in an 82 game season. I predict that the King’s will take a bit of a step back next season as every team will be out to beat them during the regular season. They barely made the playoffs this year, 6 points less they could be out of the playoff picture.

Hell no, I dont care if Mitchell is an ex Canuck or how many BC players are on the Kings, im pissed they are hoisting the cup for a number of reasons, and one of them is they snap their 45 years of failure leaving us, Buffalo and STL behind. lol

When they make their victory speech on their parade, they should thank Keith for knocking out Daniel for the start of the playoffs, because (call me bias) theres no chance in hell they get pass us or the beat us in 5 games.

Im bitter and them winning the Cup doesnt comfort me in any way lol.

I may be one of the few, but I feel a little better losing to the champs.

They played a skillful game and that's a hell of a lot better than the kind of game last years champs played.

The Kings deserved it in the end.

I look forward to next seasons Kings games/.

In the early 2000s when the Canucks began to start making the playoffs again, I did feel a bit better about losing to eventual champs like Detroit and Colorado, however I'm definitely past that now. When you're a Cup contender (which the Canucks have been the past 2 years, at least) you're expected to win series against teams who also have realistic chances at the Cup and if you can't do that, there's nothing to feel good about.

Archived