The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do you feel better about losing to the Kings now?

Red Light Racicot

Dont feel any better or worse. The day St. Louis and Buffalo win the cup before us will be the day I will feel the worse as will officially we will be the longest team without ANY cup.

One interesting thing is that they seem to always lose the Stanley Cup winner - Anaheim, Blackhaws (2 years ago), and now the Kings. Canucks are a good team but appear to be missing some element. Again, not massive changes or turnover, just 4-6 changes and lets inject some youth into the team as well. With Free Agency, if they can get some physical dmen, would be bonus..not just big players, but very physical in front of the net. Let the 2012-13 season begin!

Why do people just name Buffalo and St. Louis as the only other teams that have gone the longest without a cup win. Toronto has not won it or haven't even been in a cup finale since 1967. All Toronto's Cup wins came in the old 6 team NHL. Also them and Montreal got most of the good players as they didn't have a draft like they do now. So big deal those cups don't count as far as I am concerned. I know I am going to get some hate comments on here from Maple Leaf fans.

I try to convince myself that I feel better that we lost to the Cup winners who eliminated the 1st, 2nd and 3rd seeds.....but in reality I do not feel better.

I still know that they are the team that took the Canucks out, and it could be Vancouver raising the Cup right now.

Dont feel any better or worse. The day St. Louis and Buffalo win the cup before us will be the day I will feel the worse as will officially we will be the longest team without ANY cup.

One interesting thing is that they seem to always lose the Stanley Cup winner - Anaheim, Blackhaws (2 years ago), and now the Kings. Canucks are a good team but appear to be missing some element. Again, not massive changes or turnover, just 4-6 changes and lets inject some youth into the team as well. With Free Agency, if they can get some physical dmen, would be bonus..not just big players, but very physical in front of the net. Let the 2012-13 season begin!

I don't feel better at all.

I'm happy that the Kings as they've gone even longer than us without the Cup. I'm really happy that a good guy like Willie Mitchell finally reached the pinnacle of the sport.

But I'm more down on our team right now as watching the Kings run roughshod through teams in these playoffs, as well as the play of other big, strong, fast teams this year and last makes me realize that our team may not be as close to winning the Cup as we'd like.

Hopefully MG and Company can add the pieces necessary to change the make-up of this team on the fly, within our "window of opportunity".

<p>

I'm tired of people talking about getting to game 7 in the SCF as some kind of achievment. Marty Brodeur said it best after their game 5 win, "We haven't done anything yet. When we win, then we can say we have done something".

Stop bragging about being second best two years ago. It is meaningless.

Archived