The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do the Canucks use "PUCKS"?

DeltaSwede

I was just over at the flames website (don't ask me why) and saw that they had posted a video about their video system and the guy talking in the video claimed that around half of the league use this video system.

The system is basically a database of players and teams games where the user can go in and look for specific moment from what I understand (can anyone explain it better?. I am guessing since the Canucks are one of the teams that spend the most money in the league on their organization with trainers and facilities, do the Canucks have this system installed?

it seems like a thing that would give you an immediate advantage over other teams in drafting, free agency and coaching.

so do they use "PUCKS"?

I was just over at the flames website (don't ask me why) and saw that they had posted a video about their video system and the guy talking in the video claimed that around half of the league use this video system.

The system is basically a database of players and teams games where the user can go in and look for specific moment from what I understand (can anyone explain it better?. I am guessing since the Canucks are one of the teams that spend the most money in the league on their organization with trainers and facilities, do the Canucks have this system installed?

it seems like a thing that would give you an immediate advantage over other teams in drafting, free agency and coaching.

so do they use "PUCKS"?

It is a really cool set-up. It allows you to store all video records of the games and bring up any situation you can think of by inputting parameters. For example, if you wanted to see every defensive zone face off that Malhotra has taken against a certain centerman, you input those parameters and the system populates every instance of this.

Seems like a good way to prep. I'm sure that if it is available to our club they are using it. This organization is doing everything it can to bring us the Cup. I would like to see this made available to the public.....man I must have too much time on my hands.

NUFF SAID :canucks:

If your question is "do the Canucks use a video replay system to view their plays and mistakes to figure out tactics and ideas for the upcoming games?", then yes. They have people monitoring the entire game and then put it on the tapes the next day to review what worked, what didn't, and what really screwed up.

If your question is "do the Canucks use a video replay system to view their plays and mistakes to figure out tactics and ideas for the upcoming games?", then yes. They have people monitoring the entire game and then put it on the tapes the next day to review what worked, what didn't, and what really screwed up.

Archived