The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Multiple Trades and Acquisitions - Wishful Thinking!

Remember, this is all for fun!

Assumptions:

Kesler starts on LTIR

Can sign Weber to long term 6M cap hit number

Trading Luongo and not Schnieder

Cap up to 70.3M

Trade 1:

TOR:  Luongo + Raymond Rights + Van 2nd Rd Pick 2012

VAN:  Schenn + Colby Armstrong + Tor 1st Rd Pick 2012

Toronto gets the goalie they need, rights to winger that can greatly help PK, pick for future.  Vancouver receives pieces for additional trades.

Trade 2:

PIT:  Vancouver 1st 2012 + Schroeder + Malhotra

VAN:  Staal

Pits gets dependable center playing less behind Crosby / Malkin as well as future 3rd line center without trading to conference rival.  Vancouver gets replacement for Kesler while he is out of line-up.

NAS:  Schenn + Ballard + Van 1st 2013

VAN:  Weber (remember Weber is RFA can't give up everything)

NAS gets veteran D presence + future shutdown defenceman as well as pick for an RFA.  Van gets their #1 shutdown D man.

CBJ:  TOR 1st 2012 + Tanev + Jenson + Armstrong

VAN:  Nash

CBJ gets top 5 pick, two promising prospects and roster player that can contribute.  Van gets winger they need for Sedins.

Total cap hit 72.2M.  Kesler LTIR cap reduction to offset (will miss up to November / December?)

Sign Garrison 3.5M

Sign Gaustad 3.0M

Sign Schultz if available

When healthy:

Sedin       Sedin          Nash

Booth       Staal/Kesler   Staal/Kesler

Higgens     Gaustad        Burrows

Kassian     Lapierre       Hansen

Weise / Bitz

Hamhuis     Bieksa

Edler       Weber

Garrison    Salo

2 of Alberts / Rome / MAG / Schultz

Schnieder

Lack

Sorry this is beyond ridiculous. You don't trade for pieces and then package them in another trade. That rarely happens. We also lose much of the prospect pool we are building. We need some youth to keep the team competitive for the future.

Sorry this is beyond ridiculous. You don't trade for pieces and then package them in another trade. That rarely happens. We also lose much of the prospect pool we are building. We need some youth to keep the team competitive for the future.

Trade 1: Definitely wouldn't get Armstrong out of that.

Trade 2: No way in hell would an team get Staal for that cheap, otherwise every team would be trying to get him.

Trade 3: Weber is probably gunna be 7mil +, not 6.

Trade 4: No way you could get Nash for this cheap either, same reason why you wont get Staal.

I know that this is the Proposal Section, but at least make them realistic. I mean, you are acquiring elite players for spare parts, you are trading players and pick you have just acquired, and you are making all of these massive trades in like 1 week. I know its wishful thinking, but make your wishes realistic.

Trade 1: Definitely wouldn't get Armstrong out of that.

Trade 2: No way in hell would an team get Staal for that cheap, otherwise every team would be trying to get him.

Trade 3: Weber is probably gunna be 7mil +, not 6.

Trade 4: No way you could get Nash for this cheap either, same reason why you wont get Staal.

I know that this is the Proposal Section, but at least make them realistic. I mean, you are acquiring elite players for spare parts, you are trading players and pick you have just acquired, and you are making all of these massive trades in like 1 week. I know its wishful thinking, but make your wishes realistic.

The massive trades and timing are pretty wishful, I agree. I wouldn't consider anyone (besides maybe Malhotra depending on what you think he brings to the table) in the above trades "spare parts". I don't feel as opposed to the trading players just acquired thing as this isn't a free agent signing so if it improves the team I would do it.

That being said I don't think that is a cheap price for Nash. You also need to consider he will need to approve being traded to any team and carries a massive contract not a lot of teams would be willing to absorb without a cap dump. I would think Boston would be the only team who could offer a better package which would include high-end players like Lucic, Krejci, etc.

Staal trade is pretty cheap on second thought, and in a previous post i've mentioned possibly adding Rodin / Suave to sweeten the deal. But again Pits will not be looking to take on a heavy contract, they will be triyng to shed cap to make room for Sid's new contract and others.

Thanks for comments, keeping my work day interesting.

I call them spare parts in comparison to Jordan Staal, i'm not trying to belittle their roles on the team in any way. But in all seriousness, draft picks this year are not that valuable considering that this years draft class is almost embarrassing. Yakupov is definitely nothing special. He is more hype than anything. Ok he is good, but not as good as he is hyped up to be.

Remember, this is all for fun!

Assumptions:

Kesler starts on LTIR

Can sign Weber to long term 6M cap hit number

Trading Luongo and not Schnieder

Cap up to 70.3M

Trade 1:

TOR: Luongo + Raymond Rights + Van 2nd Rd Pick 2012

VAN: Schenn + Colby Armstrong + Tor 1st Rd Pick 2012

Toronto gets the goalie they need, rights to winger that can greatly help PK, pick for future. Vancouver receives pieces for additional trades.

Archived