The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas father kills man who molested daughter

:D

From what I heard the father didn't beat him in to an unrecognizable pulp or anything.

Heretic, I think this is one of those situations where if death was an unintended result of his defensive reaction, then he has not a lot to feel bad about.

Also, it wasn't some kid. The guy was in his 40's (I think that's what it said).

If he had not died, and instead been sent to the Prison of Sodom, then that would be just fine too. But, had he been given the choice of being raped in a Texas jail for the rest of his life or dying from a couple punches, then he might have had to ponder it.

The father probably confessed, said a couple hail Marys, and slept like a baby.

I would.

Well done sir, I applaud you. I hope it was a slow, painful, degrading death with the peado begging for his life in sheer terror.

People like this should be wiped out, I am sick of these pervs pleading that they are sick, insane or whatever. God knows how much of my tax £ goes in to looking after, "treating" and then protecting them when they are freed.

While I say good for him I also say this sucks. Many here are championing this father and what he did which part of me thinks if it was me I wouldn't want. I'd love to beat the **** out of anyone that harmed my family...but to kill them...that would eat me up inside. His actions were justified and the results are unfortunate. He does not in any way deserve any punishment for this but I have to think he'd also rather just forget about it and not be made out to be a hero.

While I understand the father's reaction, I don't codone the taking of another life, regardless of the circumstances, by another citizen. Thr man was caught in the act and would have went to jail, where pedophiles are not highly regarded.......a puishment that would surely fit the crime. On top of that, the attacker was sick and in need of treatment, he should have had the chance to change his life.

what he did was awful, but now the father has to live with a murder on his shoulders for the rest of his life...........in the end, it feels better to forgive than to punish, trust me.

I don't believe it is likely that the alleged attacker would have continued after the dad discovered the situation, and so killing him, while a human response to the discovery, was way over the top, I suspect that even beating him would be considered over the top, but I dunno...maybe this law will allow the dad to stay out of jail.

I don't believe it is likely that the alleged attacker would have continued after the dad discovered the situation, and so killing him, while a human response to the discovery, was way over the top, I suspect that even beating him would be considered over the top, but I dunno...maybe this law will allow the dad to stay out of jail.

That poor little girl. Hopefully if she witnessed the killing she didn't realize what was happening and it wasn't too traumatic. For her sake I hope the courts don't take her father away. She's been through more than enough already.

while i find the fathers action human and totally understandable and would very probably react in the same way myself i find nothing to celebrate in the death of another human being . you jump on the bandwagon of public opinion by saying we should reward the person who takes anothers life when the reality is the father and his daughter have been through one of the most traumatic experiences of their live's and the last thing any sane person would want is to be rewarded for that .

Justified or not, he still took a human life.

Some of the comments on here are disgusting. "hoping he died slow" - what a horrible thing to say.

I just went through a preliminary trial where my daughter was the victim.

My first reaction was similar to what this guy did - if I was there I would have went ballistic on the attacker.

After going through the preliminary trial, I almost feel sorry for her attacker - this young man's life is basically over.

You can see he is regretful for what he did. He is going to have a criminal record and spend some time in the "pound you in the @ss prison". His father was there - and the absolute shame on his face was enough for me...I couldn't imagine the disappointment his father

has...I am grateful my daughter is strong enough to go through with this.

http://law.onecle.co...al/9.33.00.html

Texas Penal Code - Section 9.32. Deadly Force In Defense Of Person

§ 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON.

(a) A person

is justified in using deadly force against another:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the

other under Section 9.31;

(2) if a reasonable person in the actor's situation

would not have retreated; and

(3) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the

deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to protect himself against the other's use or

attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or

(B.) to prevent the other's imminent commission of

aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual

assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.

(b.) The requirement imposed by Subsection (a)(2) does not

apply to an actor who uses force against a person who is at the time

of the use of force committing an offense of unlawful entry in the

habitation of the actor.

Texas Penal Code - Section 9.33. Defense Of Third Person

§ 9.33. DEFENSE OF THIRD PERSON.

A person is justified in

using force or deadly force against another to protect a third

person if:

(1) under the circumstances as the actor reasonably

believes them to be, the actor would be justified under Section 9.31

or 9.32 in using force or deadly force to protect himself against

the unlawful force or unlawful deadly force he reasonably believes

to be threatening the third person he seeks to protect; and

(2) the actor reasonably believes that his

intervention is immediately necessary to protect the third person.

Archived