The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas father kills man who molested daughter

:D

^^ We are relying on what the sheriff, who is "investigating," has said about this incident. For him to release the info as he has,(father may have been within his rights) I am led to believe there were witnesses other than the daughter.....and remember it was a family get together so it's likely there were quite a few people present.

Of course this is all speculation but, IMO, if there was any doubt about what happened, the sheriff would be a lot more tight lipped about this case.

You're right though, no one should be celebrating the death of another person. I highly doubt the family is celebrating anything right now but are concerned for the well being of their daughter.....who is obviously going to be traumatized. It's just a really bad situation all around and my heart goes out to them.

^^ We are relying on what the sheriff, who is "investigating," has said about this incident. For him to release the info as he has,(father may have been within his rights) I am led to believe there were witnesses other than the daughter.....and remember it was a family get together so it's likely there were quite a few people present.

Of course this is all speculation but, IMO, if there was any doubt about what happened, the sheriff would be a lot more tight lipped about this case.

You're right though, no one should be celebrating the death of another person. I highly doubt the family is celebrating anything right now but are concerned for the well being of their daughter.....who is obviously going to be traumatized. It's just a really bad situation all around and my heart goes out to them.

the article states that most of the guests left the house , and nowhere in the article does it mention witnesses to the event . i am just trying to point out that if you have a law that absovles a person of guilt if they say they are defending themselves or another and it is their word against the person who they killed then you are on dodgy ground and if this is the case it should be rigorously investigated so that the truth may be ascertained .

My, you are a naive son of a gun.

No witnesses and bad guy dead.

According to reports, the girl was traumatised but otherwise unhurt which to me suggests the father arrived early into the alleged attack therefore deadly force was OTT. It takes a lot to kill a man esp one invited to you home (presumably a friend.) You think "normal" people kill easily? I'd say psychos are more likely to fly off the handle and he's using the attack to cover up his internal rage that is always just lying under the surface. The police are just gunna sweep this frontier justice under the able.

Loving all the moral outrage in this thread. The father killed a guy he knew for "allegedly" attempting to molest a girl who is by all reports ok, and where he's now the only witness. We have a judicial system for a reason... The guy left his daughter with a father who has now killed a man, who might end up in jail and leave her fatherless, and even if not, even in the best scenario she has to deal with a ton of mental anguish re-living what happened, for two reasons now instead of one.

Kids are dumb, the girl suffered no physical harm so obviously the "molestation" didn't get too far. To be perfectly frank, she probably would have forgotten the incident all together. She's not going to forget her dad beating a man over the head in front of her till he died in their kitchen.

I'm responding more to the gross exaggerated moral outrage in this thread than to the incident itself...

Kids are dumb, the girl suffered no physical harm so obviously the "molestation" didn't get too far. To be perfectly frank, she probably would have forgotten the incident all together. She's not going to forget her dad beating a man over the head in front of her till he died in their kitchen.

A Mother can walk away from her family and a stranger can step in and be the best role model.You honestly compare yourself to a dumb grizzly that kills a tourist that accidentally walks within 100 feet of her cubs or a dog that bites the postman? You scare me. Truly.

My, you are a naive son of a gun.

No witnesses and bad guy dead.

According to reports, the girl was traumatised but otherwise unhurt which to me suggests the father arrived early into the alleged attack therefore deadly force was OTT. It takes a lot to kill a man esp one invited to you home (presumably a friend.) You think "normal" people kill easily? I'd say psychos are more likely to fly off the handle and he's using the attack to cover up his internal rage that is always just lying under the surface. The police are just gunna sweep this frontier justice under the able.

So, ones actions should be well thought out rather than primal, instinctive, inbred? My thoughts too.

No wonder some have so many posts when the comment on situations where they haven't been within an earth's orbit of a similar situation.

You haven't been in this situation but I have been in one and it was 100 times worse. Causing death in an non life threatening situation is an act of a mad man, a vengeful man, an uncontrolled man.

Archived