The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gragnani, does he have a spot on this team?

yogolol

Reports are that KC was working hard at being a 2 way D. He was an all star this year in the AHL, has an absolute cannon of a shot, and while known as an offensive minded D he still brings solid Bieksa like middle weight toughness.

If he's that tough, I'm betting he can adapt to the NHL better!

MAG is more ready to play in the NHL than Connauton

With Gragnani its likely he either plays next to Edler, or next to Tanev.

I don't want to see him relied on heavily defensively, and I don't want him paired with Ballard.

If he has a reliable partner he should be fine.

tough call. jury is still out on him

he is a gamble, a risk. We all like his skill and potential but he seems to be a bit prone to wandering or mistakes yet

(or so it seems in my limited IMHO)

Big fat maybe on him, if he lights it up, sure give him a spot. but he needs to play on a crap team and get better.

We are too stacked on D for him to find his game.....

I dunno... I'm amazed with the negative remarks for a guy we have not really seen play or given time to become a part of our team. I think the bulk of posters are just towing the media line on MAG. +10 in buffalo but reported to be a defensive liability and so the story goes on and on. From what I saw of his play he was a bit tenative and got caught "watching" the play a few times. But his passing is sick, and if you understand hockey, the best way to beat an aggressive forecheck (how we get beat) is tape to tape passing.

I'm just glad the bulk of posters in this thread are not our GM. This guy has to be given a chance to grow into an NHLer.

as long as him and ballard are never on the ice at the same time.....unless it is a 5 on 3 ... then sure he seems like he will be a good player.

but if he is ever paired with ballard it will be like having 5 forwards on the ice..and no one on D.

He is surprisingly big for an offensive defenceman. I'd like to see him bulk up a bit more, put some more muscle on that frame and play a bit more physical. He could end up being a poor-man's Edler which would be fantastic for this team.

However I still hope MG goes out and gets us one or two solid, defensive stay-at-home defencemen, either in the offseason or the deadline because that's how you win in the playoffs.Tanev and Gragnani shouldn't have to play in the playoffs.

I liked what I saw offensively from him in the games that he played but not so much defensively. I want him to become a regular on the Canucks roster but I'm not sure where he fits, especially if he we get a defenceman in the offseason. Discuss.

as long as him and ballard are never on the ice at the same time.....unless it is a 5 on 3 ... then sure he seems like he will be a good player.

but if he is ever paired with ballard it will be like having 5 forwards on the ice..and no one on D.

I would be shocked if he was anything more than depth for us next season, and id bet he's starting the year off in the AHL. Was mediocre defensively, a soft guy and i was not wow'd the least with his offensive talents which are supposed to be his biggest asset.

The defense is a weak link on this team, if we improve upon that like i think most of us are assuming MG will at least attempt to do im not sure exactly where that leaves MAG.

Archived