The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Suits for Men

nux4lyfe

My suits a bit out-dated and I have a few of my friends weddings coming up, My budget is about 650-700$ inc tailoring,...I would like something that has a nice slim tailored look to it, What would you people recommend? I rarely would wear it after a couple weddings this summer so I'm not looking to break the bank. I know about Moores but hear they are over-priced..if anyone has any better ideas please let me know, Thanks.

Here spelling actually does make a difference, but we know what you're talking about.

It depends on your size, but if you're slim and slender, Zara is the ish.

Problem is that finding matching suits may pose a difficulty but they got some awesome stuff, fits within your price range too.

The only way to get a decent suit at that price is to have one custom made. Go to one of those travelling salesmen that does measurements here but has the suit made in Hong Kong.

Off the top of my head there is Maxwell's.

Why not just wear a plastic garbage bag with a tie spray painted on it. They sell crap. Cheap, thin, poorly made and poor fitting. For $700 you can get a really nice suit. At Moores for $700 you can get 4 total pieces of crap. Kids with no money straight out of college and used car salesmen buy at Moores. Nobody else should.

Dolce suits are they way to go if your going for the slim fit. It might be a little more out of the price range, but if you are able to spend some more it'll be worth it and get your share of wears out of it. I'd visit Holt Renfrew for this, I spent about 1500 dollars for the suit, dress shirt, cufflinks, and tie.

Zara on the other hand generally is much cheaper, I think like 200-300 dollar range, has some decent styles. However the quality of the suit itself is not that great and you will likely not get as many wears out of it. My buttons literally fell off after two wears and the suit wrinkled really quick.

Dolce suits are they way to go if your going for the slim fit. It might be a little more out of the price range, but if you are able to spend some more it'll be worth it and get your share of wears out of it. I'd visit Holt Renfrew for this, I spent about 1500 dollars for the suit, dress shirt, cufflinks, and tie.

Zara on the other hand generally is much cheaper, I think like 200-300 dollar range, has some decent styles. However the quality of the suit itself is not that great and you will likely not get as many wears out of it. My buttons literally fell off after two wears and the suit wrinkled really quick.

Archived