The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where would you like to see Raymond after arbitration?

The Magician

Would you like to see Raymond play on the 4th line?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Raymond gets 20+ goals this year, it will most likely come at the cost of being

oblivious to the players around him while taking hundreds of low percentage shots

on net.

I don't really care if he does return to his former self to be honest. He isn't

strong enough on his skates to be effective in the playoffs. Even management

is dissatisfied enough to take HIM to arbitration.

My only hope is that by having his salary drop to a little more than 2 million makes

trading him that much easier.

As we all know Raymond is going to arbitration and I think his contract will be cut to $1 Million - $1.5 a year and if he does go get rewarded that, would you be fine with him playing the 4th line all season?

How many times do we have to say that Raymond's injury is not an excuse. His production dipped before coming off an injury.

Let's look at Max Pacioretty. He came off of a similar injury. Comes in plays 79 games. Gets 33 goals and 32 assist.

Raymond? Comes back plays 55 games 10 goals 10 assists. On pace for 15 and 15 over 82 games.

Is injury cannot be an excuse.

If Raymond gets 20+ goals this year, it will most likely come at the cost of being

oblivious to the players around him while taking hundreds of low percentage shots

on net.

I don't really care if he does return to his former self to be honest. He isn't

strong enough on his skates to be effective in the playoffs. Even management

is dissatisfied enough to take HIM to arbitration.

My only hope is that by having his salary drop to a little more than 2 million makes

trading him that much easier.

Gillis is doing what must be done.

He has to moneyball Raymond as his asset locker is in disarray.

I hope Raymond ends up in Edmonton or Calgary so he can play at home and hopefully,have a story book ending to his career.

I'd love to see Mason Raymond return to form. I don't expect, but I wouldn't be surprised either.

He came off a pretty substantial injury. If Kesler gets an injury pass (from some people at least), I think MayRay gets one also.

He only did back related rehab, rather than a summer of strength training. An already weak player, got weaker. Its pretty obvious

why he had that clusterf--k of a year.

I think his typical production is probably like 2010-11. ES more or less the same as the previous year, with signicantly less PP time.

My biggest gripe with Raymond, is that we have too many similar, "2nd/3rd line tweeners" in Raymond, Booth, Higgins, Hansen.

Hansen is much more physical, Booth is willing to cut to the net and score in the dirty areas, Higgins is grittier and more consistent.

Since our first line is already soft, our group of 2nd and 3rd line wingers could stand to add some size and physicality.

Its for this reason that I could see Raymond being the odd-man out. Even if he does return to form somewhat, he doesn't bring enough to the table. His offensive production isn't head and shoulders above the rest to make up for his lack of physicality.

Holy crap, take it easy on Raymond!!!! He just came back from a serious injury (broken back), i mean the the way everyone is ripping him a new one you all make it sound like no big deal! He has been working out and getting stronger, i say sign the guy put him with Kes and higgy and lets see what a new and healthy Raymond can do (would only sign him for one year). The fact that he came back from his injury and was put right into the line up speeks volumes of his character, His speed is a huge asset, the opposing team's def backs right off when Raymond turns on the jets, this gives guys like higgy, booth, and kes more space and time, lets give him the benafit of the doubt shall we!!!

Problem with this is that Manny leads the team in short handed time on ice

as well as having him take the majority of all defensive zone face-offs.

His +/- is a product of AV using him in a way where the opposition is most

likely to score.

Archived