The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] GM David Poile believes Ryan Suter will test the market

Nashville could have easily signed him for 6 million and Weber for 7 long-term with the cap roof going up to 70 million. Poile has a lot of other players to sign, but keeping them all together was very do-able.

I still believe Suter is a bit overated and could easily become a bit of a dud. Playing with Weber would help anyone, but lets not forget he's got the 2nd best goalie in the world over the last 2 seasons backing him up, and Nashville have played a very tight checking defensive game for a long time.

If he came to Vancouver I have a feeling he would go the way of the Ballard and be exposed by our high-tempo offensive game.

Nashville could have easily signed him for 6 million and Weber for 7 long-term with the cap roof going up to 70 million. Poile has a lot of other players to sign, but keeping them all together was very do-able.

I still believe Suter is a bit overated and could easily become a bit of a dud. Playing with Weber would help anyone, but lets not forget he's got the 2nd best goalie in the world over the last 2 seasons backing him up, and Nashville have played a very tight checking defensive game for a long time.

If he came to Vancouver I have a feeling he would go the way of the Ballard and be exposed by our high-tempo offensive game.

Archived