The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jensen,Schroeder,Kassian

Peaches

Since the Hodgson lovers hijack virtually every thread on CDC, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I would take any of those three young players over Hodgson. NIce group of forward prospects.

I'm not sure where they will play this year, but I will say that I think Kassian will earn a roster spot and be used up and down the lineup, Schroeder will probably start the season with the Canucks, and Jensen is looking like a bluechip, but I don't expect him to break in already, although he certainly looks capable of surprising us.

Have to reserve judgment until at least the preseason rolls around... would be happy if Jensen pulled a Schiefele, and if Jordan even gets his first cup of coffee with the big club then that would be good, hopefully he will have the determination to pull a Desharnais

So let me get this straight... Schroeder is a 3rd liner now, but won't be in his career? Unless he's on a scoring line, he isn't in the NHL, no team would put him on a 4th line. And even if Kassian barely gets any better, he will have a place on some teams 3rd or 4th line simply because of the physical edge he can bring.

So let me get this straight... Schroeder is a 3rd liner now, but won't be in his career? Unless he's on a scoring line, he isn't in the NHL, no team would put him on a 4th line. And even if Kassian barely gets any better, he will have a place on some teams 3rd or 4th line simply because of the physical edge he can bring.

We all should know by now that if either of the three make the team, they will play as follows:

Kassian: RW2 RW3 RW1LW3 LW2 RW4 at some point in time during the season/playoffs

Schroeder: C2 C3 C4 LW2 LW3 LW4 RW1 RW2 RW3 RW4 at some point in time during the season/playoffs

Jensen: RW2 RW1 RW3 RW4 LW1 LW2 LW3 LW4 at some point in time during the season/playoffs

p.s. their line mates will alternate as well (with the exception of the handful of players who have their regular spot in the line-up secured (e.g. Sedins and Kesler).

Gotta love AV and his mad scientist experiments.

But seriously, Schroeder should see some center time on the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th lines I would expect (but on the 3rd most commonly). I don't see him sticking on the C2 spot unless he has made some major improvements over the summer.

Kassian will see the majority of his time on RW3 & RW2 (Hopefully he somehow ends up meshing with the twins and sticks on in Burrows' position (One could only dream of this so Burrows can help give us a solid second line, or an insane checking line, and Zack Attack can beat the begeezus out of anyone who touches the Sedins).

Jensen won't make the team unless he plays so abnormally well that he forces GMMG & AV's hands, and would make our Gm & coach look like morons for sending him back to junior. The way I see it, even if Jensen has improved over the summer, there are still people with more experience (who are equally, if not significantly better than Jensen (at this point in time). I don't see the Canucks burn a year on his ELC, and take away precious development time, unless Jensen is that much better than the next guy on the depth chart. However, i wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around for the 9 games at the beginning of the season (if we actually have hockey then).

p.s. this is based on our current roster, but this will all change after all the signings and trades are done and over with this off season. It would surprise me if none of these players see any regular season games to start the year off. With Kesler out, I don't think it would be wise to load the roster with these 3 unless they wouldn't be hurting the team.

Archived