The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loading up... Fair value IMO, but a lot of work for GMMG (warning... Nash and Getzlaf)

mpt

Luongo, Booth, Schroeder, 1st rounder in 2012 or 2013 for Nash

Kesler, Tanev, Raymond for Getzlaf and a 4th in 2012

Sign Schultz

Sign Garrison

Sign Tootoo

Sedin Sedin Burrows/Nash

Kassian Getzalf Nash/Burrows

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Weise/Volpatti Malhotra Tootoo

Hamhius Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Schultz

Gragnani Salo

Schneider

Lack

If Luongo waives in NTC to work with Ian Clark again. Luongo may be more appealing to Columbus as he is locked in for a long contract and won't have to worry about a player like Schneider maybe bolting town when he becomes a UFA.

Anaheim does this because they seem to have a hard time recruiting UFAs and will likely not be able to retain Getzlaf or Perry next summer. This way they acquire a good 1st line centre with 4 years left on his contract and a good d prospect to play with Fowler, and a depth winger that they desperately need.

I know its highly unlikely and next to impossible, but you can dream right?

IF this did go down, it probably wouldn't be that difficult to land Perry next summer if Getzlaf gets re-signed. We'll have the cap room given that half the team are UFAs next summer.

The thing is, why would Luongo want to waive his NTC to go to a bottom feeding team? He was one win away from a Stanley Cup and if he went to that team, he wouldn't be in the playoffs for quite some time.

The thing is, why would Luongo want to waive his NTC to go to a bottom feeding team? He was one win away from a Stanley Cup and if he went to that team, he wouldn't be in the playoffs for quite some time.

I think Raymond is worth equivalent to a late first rounder no? Anaheim desperately needs wingers. Either way, both are acceptable to me.

I think Getzlaf wouldn't think twice about re-signing if he knew he was going to be playing with Rick Nash and knowing that Perry Getzalf Nash would be the best line in the NHL.

Not sure anymore about Getzlaf. After seeing him this year + at the world championship, it seems this guy doesn't care anymore.

He seems to have a big ego and seems to lack motivation since he already won the Gold and the Cup.

I see his career going in the same direction has Lecavalier.

Not sure anymore about Getzlaf. After seeing him this year + at the world championship, it seems this guy doesn't care anymore.

He seems to have a big ego and seems to lack motivation since he already won the Gold and the Cup.

I see his career going in the same direction has Lecavalier.

Archived