The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Vancouver-Detroit-Washington

Thought this would help all teams out:

To Vancouver: Troy Brouwer + Darren Helm + 2012 1st (Wsh from Col = 11th overall, select Trouba)

To Detroit: John Carlson + Keith Ballard + Michael Neuvirth (Van)

To Washington: Roberto Luongo + Tomas Tatar + Danny Cleary + Chris Tanev + 2012 2nd (Det)

Thoughts?

I'm not really sure of the motivation for any of the three teams to do this. It's just too much moving to properly evaluate worth, but I think the only thing we'd really be interested in is the 11th overall - even then the draft quality does tail off a bit. As much as guys like Brouwer and Helm would be good players, I'm not sure it's what we'd go after.

John Carlson is untouchable, and to trade him Washington would need a massive overpayment, this is not even fair value. They turned down Hodgson for Carlson, and they are not adding their starting goalie + the 11th overall for irrelevant pieces. If Washington trades Carlson , they're going to have to get more than that pile of ****

John Carlson is untouchable, and to trade him Washington would need a massive overpayment, this is not even fair value. They turned down Hodgson for Carlson, and they are not adding their starting goalie + the 11th overall for irrelevant pieces. If Washington trades Carlson , they're going to have to get more than that pile of ****

Archived