The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pronger vs Lidstrom

Pronger Vs Lidstrom (at their peak seaons)  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question

Who do you want on your team. Pronger or Lidstrom - this is a one season thing, so think of both players at their PEAK.

Case for Pronger

Pronger won the Hart, a single Cup and the Norris. Perspective is that as a big hitting impact D man he could change the course of a game. Pronger played on weak teams for a lot of his career.

Case for Lidstrom

Lidstrom won 4 Cups, 7 Norris Trophies. Solid leader and epitome of class. Is he overrated because he played on an elite team for his career or did he make the Red Wings elite? Lidstrom plays positional D and was never a big hitter. Some would say he is not a game changer.

So make your vote and any comments would be appreciated...

You are going for the Cup, who is the player you want to take you over the top for that season...

Well, some teams. The early Blues teams he was on were not that great right? The argument is that Pronger at his peak was the better impact player to take a team over the top.

Look, I don't even think this is an issue myself but I am debating this with a bunch of Oiler fans who think Pronger is preferable to Lidstrom, I think that is crazy so I figured a good neutral place to settle this would be a poll on the CDC.

After all the Canucks are an elite team, looking for that top D man and really one player away right? Need that top D man to take them over the top.

So who do you want, Pronger or Lidstrom, again - both players are at their peak performance.

Lidstrom's smarts and positioning definitely. He's not generational for nothing, nor would his team not miss the playoffs ANY season in his pro career. Also, seven Norris trophies, captain of one of the class organizations in the league... Mr. Perfect is so studly!

Pronger's beast in his own right with a good shot and nasty play, but often he crosses the line.

Nick all the way, but Lidstrom - Pronger would've been SWEET if it happened

As you can tell by the results, this isn't even a fair question. This is a no-brainer.

I'd take Lidstrom's worst year of play (statistically) over Pronger's best year of play based on character alone. Pronger is a puck stealing, juvenile, arrogant, locker room splitting arse.

Oh man, Lidstom anyday. 7 time norris winner 4 time cup winner 1,142 points in 1,564 games. 15 seasons with 50+ points 9 of those seasons were 60+ plus 2 of them were 70+ and 1 was 80(he was a point a game this season.) Lidstrom is much better than Pronger.

pronger is a beast but lidstrom

it helps lidstrom stayed in one market his whole career

i know he was a like a 6th round pick so maybe he was alittle down to earth at first , where as pronger was a first overall if i remember correctly

but bottom line is pronger never stayed on any team he won a cup with

besides his country pronger has zero loyalty

nick stayed in detroit and won 4 cups

regardless how good the team was , he was still the most valuable player

This isn't even debatable......Lidstrom is considered by most to be the G.O.A.T....

A better debate would be between Pronger and Rob Blake......and between Lidstrom and Bobby Orr for the GOAT....

It's hard for some people here to judge Lidstrom's game-changing impact to his team because they can't even recall when he first came to a team...Pronger's impact is noticeable because we've seen him go to multiple teams recently. Though he's a playoff performer, it's hard to argue against a Conn Smythe, 4 Stanley Cups (1 while captain), and never missing the playoffs in a 21-season career.

Lidstrom, AINEC. My #2 right behind Bobby Orr.

It's hard for some people here to judge Lidstrom's game-changing impact to his team because they can't even recall when he first came to a team...Pronger's impact is noticeable because we've seen him go to multiple teams recently. Though he's a playoff performer, it's hard to argue against a Conn Smythe, 4 Stanley Cups (1 while captain), and never missing the playoffs in a 21-season career.

Lidstrom, AINEC. My #2 right behind Bobby Orr.

Archived