The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal: Toronto - Edmonton

I wouldn't do Schenn/Reinhart or Gardiner/Reinhart for Yakupov. I think he's become underrated due to a bit of a drop off in the second half of the season.

Yakupov had 49 goals/101 points last season, the year before his draft year, in his first season in North America. That's impressive. He followed it up with 22 goals/54 points in the first 27 games of the season.That's about a 55 goal/130 point pace and he was doing it without Galchenyuk. He was basicaly an island on that team. He came back from the WJC and for whatever reason went into a bit of a slump(9 goals/15 points in 15 games) and before he could play himself out of it, he got leveled and was done for the season.

I remember people said the Oilers shouldn't pick RNH because he went without a goal in all of November during his rookie season. Slumps happen. A 15 game slump plus a very average playoffs(coming off a head injury) isn't going to change my opinion of him. He's going to be a star. The Oilers have to pick him....and even if Schenn, Gardiner or whoever does 5th overall becomes a very good player, I'll die a little inside watching Yakupov score 40-50 goals in Toronto.

Archived