The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ducks expect Parros to test free agency

I think that after the SCF this year, LA and NJ have proved that it's important to be rolling all four lines and to have a line of hockey players rather than goons. Plus we have plenty of fighters and fourth line players already in our organization.

It wouldn't hurt to hve an enforcer in the organization. It's one factor the organization has failed to adress. Plus this takes pressure of kassian and bieksa to be the policeman of the team, let bieksa play his position and let kassian develop into a skilled power forward rather than a goon.

I wanted this guy last year when teams like LA and Ottawa decided that bullying the twins was the way to beat Vancouver.

This upcoming season, I want someone in the lineup that will go out and pound on both Duncan Keith and Dustin Brown. I doubt that either of those guys would go with big George, but it could be argued that neither of them would have dared messing with Hank or Dan had he been in the lineup.

Lol at the people that just don't get it....we don't have any fighters...we have guys that arn't afraid to drop the mitts and get beat up. There is clearly a difference. Secondly...if every player on every line plays 10-15 mins a game minimally...then you are robbing minutes from your top two lines...which is useful if you are Minnesota or Florida or Dallas. But when you have top players such as Sedins, Kesler, Booth, Burr, etc... It makes no sense to play them only 13-18 mins a night each just so that you're 4th line can play 10+ mins a night lol. IMO, it wouldn't hurt to have a player like Parros in our lineup at the very least until one of two things happen;

1) NHL completely is rid of cheapshots or

2) Kassian proves that he isn't afraid, and is fully capable of keeping the big boys in check.

I wanted this guy last year when teams like LA and Ottawa decided that bullying the twins was the way to beat Vancouver.

This upcoming season, I want someone in the lineup that will go out and pound on both Duncan Keith and Dustin Brown. I doubt that either of those guys would go with big George, but it could be argued that neither of them would have dared messing with Hank or Dan had he been in the lineup.

The idea is cool, but he would NOT help this team. He would just use up a roster spot. The guy was a scratch on the Ducks for a lot of last season. I would rather have Volpatti in a 4th line role over Parros at this point in his career. I'm hoping and counting on Gillis to upgrade that line huge for us. No more revolving door.

Archived