The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

The Canucks have no players 1,2,3 years away from being top line material to replace the Sedins. Do you keep the Sedins and try and build/upgrade around them over the next 2-3 seasons to potentially have some players in place to slot into the top line as they decline ?

Do you utilize their value now where it i'd have to assume has already peaked and will not get any higher and try and make a change to the top six bringing in maybe a younger topend piece to build around moving forward ?

Let's not forget the Sedins are elite players, they have real value and have shown obviously not the past two seasons but that they can produce in the Playoffs and lead the team's offense. I would not be opposed to them remaining in Vancouver long term, both twins have suggested they feel they can play a ot more hockey.

But now is the time if the team wants to change the face of the team moving forward to move the twins if you want to maximize your return, or Vancouver could sit on them as they decline....seemed to work with Luongo, not the decline part... :rolleyes:

The Canucks have no players 1,2,3 years away from being top line material to replace the Sedins. Do you keep the Sedins and try and build/upgrade around them over the next 2-3 seasons to potentially have some players in place to slot into the top line as they decline ?

Do you utilize their value now where it i'd have to assume has already peaked and will not get any higher and try and make a change to the top six bringing in maybe a younger topend piece to build around moving forward ?

Let's not forget the Sedins are elite players, they have real value and have shown obviously not the past two seasons but that they can produce in the Playoffs and lead the team's offense. I would not be opposed to them remaining in Vancouver long term, both twins have suggested they feel they can play a ot more hockey.

But now is the time if the team wants to change the face of the team moving forward to move the twins if you want to maximize your return, or Vancouver could sit on them as they decline....seemed to work with Luongo, not the decline part... :rolleyes:

^ that has a lot of merrit, some franchises simply have the ear of the commish, and some franchises would prefer to shake loose some guys, I am not even talking about the Canucks, I think they are in the non of the above column, but some really big franchises have some really big contracts. Ilya...?

^ that has a lot of merrit, some franchises simply have the ear of the commish, and some franchises would prefer to shake loose some guys, I am not even talking about the Canucks, I think they are in the non of the above column, but some really big franchises have some really big contracts. Ilya...?

Day and Night for our Prospect Goalies last Night.

Niederberger with his 2nd straight loss and a horrible GAA and SV%.

He got pulled off the Ice 2 Times. The Series between London and Barrie is tied now.

Nikals Svedberg and the P-Bruins won their Game against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins 4-2 last night .

The Bruins leads the Series 2-0.

So the islanders won last night and finished their series using the 'wacky' tracking, and there are still 2 series ongoing. Using Otts/TM's tracking style the west was settled two nights ago along with all but the Buffalo/Boston match in the east which is still ongoing. For comparison sake I will toss the series running total points in brackets down below. Dallas-Vancouver is a fantastic example of how this style allows for some intrigue in a blowout matchup!

Sample Best of 7 Format Playoffs Quarterfinal Matchups

Western Conference

08. small.pngMinnesota vs Los Angeles small.png .01

small.png Wins in 4 (302-161)

small.pngSan Jose vs Winnipeg small.png .02

small.png Wins in 4 (231-136)

06. small.pngEdmonton vs Chicago small.png .03

small.pngWins in 4(183-170)

small.pngDallas vs Vancouver small.png.04

small.pngWins 4 games to 3 (274-162)

Eastern Conference

08. 2ef5pn7.jpg Quebec vs Florida small.png .01

small.png Wins 4 games to 1 (310-82)

07. small.png Ottawa vs NY Islanders small.png .02

small.png Wins 4 games to 2 (340-267)

06. small.pngBoston vs Buffalo small.png .03

small.pngWins 4 games to 2 (306-274)

small.pngPittsburgh vs New Jersey small.png .04

small.png Wins 4 games to 1 (360-205)

MSG NEWS 2013:

offseason edition.

New York has been busy quickly this offseason as well, with reports coming out of the MSG offices of Primal Optimist that two deals have been inked already and a third is well underway and likely will be completed this coming week. Several discussions were underway at the same time, leading this reporter to speculate that the GM might be in the hotseat with the owners, after failing to live up to his own hype about making a post season appearance. One thing is certain, GM PO is working like he owns the franchise, and that can only mean great things for New York Rangers fans!

Archived