The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2012-13

canuck2xtreme

Pretty stoked with my picks. Added Trouba as I thought he was the BPA but Vasilevski was an organisational needs based move I have had in mind since acquiring that pick from New Jersey. Need someone in the system for when Lundqvist gets old.

Ville is a player despite what the stats read, should be considered a two-way defenseman. He has very good offensive instincts and makes good plays with the puck. He's capable of jumping into the attack and creating advantages on offense, especially in the offensive zone when he sees offensive opportunities. He has a good shot and the puck gets directed to the net very well. His skating is decent but by improving his quickness, it would give him a better opportunity to impact the game. He finds himself in challenges at times defensively because of the quickness in terms of beating the pressure and fore-check and being able to move the puck out of trouble. To his credit, he uses his body effectively to hold off defenders and he competes in 1-1 situations defensively to force opponents to earn a chance. He plays the game with very good awareness and playing in the Finnish Elite League may have hurt his offensive numbers but it helped him in his overall game knowing and understanding how to play to his strengths.

Archived