The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What would your lineup look like with Canucks prospects in?

Spencer Drew

For the upcoming season, who do you think, in terms of Canuck prospects, makes the team, realistically speaking.

I haven't seen many people brush up or talk about all or some of the following points...

• I think Jensen is ready, and I for one hope Jensen makes the team so he can play with Hansen, both of Danish descent, I think those two on one line would be deadly, hopefully we see it this season.

• I think the Sedins need toughness on their first line, and while Burrows is good, he can be just as good on a line with Kesler and Booth/Higgins (I realize Kesler will be out, but I mean when he gets back). Therefore, I want to propose the idea of putting Zack Kassian on the first line with the Sedins. The Sedins need a power forward to complement their finesse style of play, I think it could very well be the best line in the NHL. He is a big, mean, power forward, someone the Sedins need to play with, and he could definitely stand up for them. It will be his second year of NHL hockey and I think the kid deserves a few GAMES, not a few SHIFTS (which unfortunately Vigneault didn't experiment enough with), up with Henrik and Daniel.

So here is my lineup (I realize some of the players might to be in their correct positions, I'm just doing it fast and in the correct lines from 1-4)

Line 1: Daniel Sedin/Henrik Sedin/Zack Kassian

Line 2: Alexandre Burrows/Jordan Schroeder (put Ryan Kesler back when he is healthy)/Booth or Higgins

Line 3: Niklas Jensen/Lapierre/Jannik Hansen

Line 4: Raymond/Malhotra/Weiss?(or someone else)

Feel free to give your lineup suggestions with a few prospects in the lineup if you think they could very well make the team this year. I realize trades will probably happen, with Luongo or whoever it may be, so this is just a lineup for now, providing nothing happens, and everyone stays.

No negativity, only positive comments please, I decided to make this a separate thread because I felt more people would see it rather then searching up for something like this (which I tried but couldn't find anything)

Thanks guys.

For the upcoming season, who do you think, in terms of Canuck prospects, makes the team, realistically speaking.

I haven't seen many people brush up or talk about all or some of the following points...

• I think Jensen is ready, and I for one hope Jensen makes the team so he can play with Hansen, both of Danish descent, I think those two on one line would be deadly, hopefully we see it this season.

No negativity, only positive comments please, I decided to make this a separate thread because I felt more people would see it rather then searching up for something like this (which I tried but couldn't find anything)

Thanks guys.

Honestly a 4th line of Kassian-Lapierre-Jensen would be heads and shoulders better then Malholtra-Lapierre-Weise, Jensen almost made the team last year...... say what you want but you all know this.

Jensen can also play on the 2nd power play unit and him and Kassian could move up and down the lines depening on their play.

Kassian and Lapierre provide toughness so Jensen doesn't get pushed around as a rookie and they all have wheels and can score.

No more putting current fourth liners with the Sedins. We're probably the only team that experiments this way. Far more than any other team anyway. Like, do people actually expect it to work? So and so is on the fourth line/in a lesser role most of their career for a reason.

Honestly a 4th line of Kassian-Lapierre-Jensen would be heads and shoulders better then Malholtra-Lapierre-Weise, Jensen almost made the team last year...... say what you want but you all know this.

Jensen can also play on the 2nd power play unit and him and Kassian could move up and down the lines depening on their play.

Kassian and Lapierre provide toughness so Jensen doesn't get pushed around as a rookie and they all have wheels and can score.

The reason why you will encounter negative comments from people is because of the constant hypothetical situations, such as this one. Most CDCer's want legit analyzation and not "what if's." Our team is a depth team period. Jensen needs to have an UNREAL camp to crack the lineup. He is not going to beat out any of our top nine players, including Raymond (insert mad face here: :mad:). 4th line? With guys like Weise (played last year with us), Pinnozotto (hungry after missing all last year), Volpatti (a lock IMO), et al, there is a very good chance that Jensen will be playing in the SEL this upcoming year.

Analyze, don't hypothesize, you only end up wasting CDC's time. Good on ya for trying tho :towel:

I'd like to see Kassian on the 3rd line so we can finally see a physical presence there that we haven't seen since Torres left. Maybe he can take some shifts with the Sedins or the 4th line as well depending how good he looks. Schroeder I can see centering our 3rd line or maybe playing a bit on the 2nd line with Kesler out.

It's all about Conditioning! Why was Byron Bitz the better fit over Kassian, Bitz was better conditioned, and he knew the organization better. This is why I also believe that Jordan Schroeder has a much MUCH better chance of making the big club than Nicklas Jensen. Schroeder has played 2 years with the pros in the AHL and has learned to develop a defensive game too. Sure Jensen had a wonderful playoff stint, but How do we know he's ready to play a handful of games? Jensen is going to be a stud of a player one day, mark my words, but playing a year with the big boys in Sweden was a wondeful decision by the organization. Fingers crossed he ends up with Modo GM'ed by Naslund, and to have Pahlsson mentor him there.

Kassian also spit time with Buffalo's affiliate, the Buffalo Sabres, and the Vancouver Canucks all in just one season. Going from one professional organization to another, from coast to coast, from different style of game to different style of game, you're not likely to able to find your groove just as fast as people might like! A whole summer with our organization and an intense workout plan will do wonders for Zack Kassian. He will crack the lineup next year! Not sure exactly where, but believe me, he will. I believe all he needs is this summer just to get settled as a Canuck, and have a very effective season next year!

Cheers,

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Jensen and katsina will make the Canucks this year. I personally don't think the Canucks will send him to Sweden. I think they will work him in slowly and keep him withe team. Mark my words, Jensen will score 10 plus goals this season. Quote that...lol

Archived