The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Shea Weber! Why we need him and how!

OK.... Doughty, Chara, Keith, Gonchar and Lidstrom... Guys who helped their respected teams win lord stanley..... Now i like r d but we don't have anyone close to that caliber of player... Now people that say Edler is that guy, think again not even close... sure he puts up good numbers in the reg season and even plays pretty good in playoffs, but hes not that guy that can carry the team on his back when the team needs him to do so, get something going and get all the other players pumped...lol

Now a guy like Weber would do it all, and would be the next guy on that list... i would give him the "C" and just wait until playoffs and win the cup... no big deal! lol

I would trade Elder as a part of a package for Weber and i wouldn't think twice about it....

Elder is going to want $5 - $5.5m/per easy.... now for an extra 1 -1.5 for Weber its a no brainer... i think anyways..

Now getting him will be hard, but i think we could pull it off.... lots of teams do trades like this all the time(Pronger), but never us... we haven't won the cup so we might want to try some different... and getting Sundin or the moose doesnt count.. lol

Elder Tanev 2- 1st rounders

For Weber and the Cup!!

Plus if we could sign Shultz and get another d-man in Louie trade we would be set....

Tell me what u think?

OK.... Doughty, Chara, Keith, Gonchar and Lidstrom... Guys who helped their respected teams win lord stanley..... Now i like r d but we don't have anyone close to that caliber of player... Now people that say Edler is that guy, think again not even close... sure he puts up good numbers in the reg season and even plays pretty good in playoffs, but hes not that guy that can carry the team on his back when the team needs him to do so, get something going and get all the other players pumped...lol

Now a guy like Weber would do it all, and would be the next guy on that list... i would give him the "C" and just wait until playoffs and win the cup... no big deal! lol

I would trade Elder as a part of a package for Weber and i wouldn't think twice about it....

Elder is going to want $5 - $5.5m/per easy.... now for an extra 1 -1.5 for Weber its a no brainer... i think anyways..

Now getting him will be hard, but i think we could pull it off.... lots of teams do trades like this all the time(Pronger), but never us... we haven't won the cup so we might want to try some different... and getting Sundin or the moose doesnt count.. lol

For Weber and the Cup!!

Plus if we could sign Shultz and get another d-man in Louie trade we would be set....

Tell me what u think?

I agree that you throw the kitchen sink at Nashville to get Weber. A contending team like the Canucks can always fill holes through free agency, etc... but there is simply no player in the league that would better complement and improve our core than Weber right now.

The only players you don't send out in a trade for Weber are the guys with NTC's (Sedins; Kesler; Hamhuis; Bieksa) and Burrows or Schneider. Any other package is fair game.

For Weber and the Cup!!

Tell me what u think?

Agree fully with you!

Canucks fans think Edler can be that guy? No way, and he's only 1 year younger than Weber so no real room for Edler to get tremendously better with his age now.

...I don't care if it'd cost Edler, Tanev and 2 1sts...getting Weber would ultimately make us much more better.

Defence wins championships so I'd rather be solid on the blueline than stacked up front. For that reason:

Booth, 2012 1st and 2013 1st rounder plus Tanev for Weber

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Raymond

Kassian - Lapierre - Higgins

Bitz - Malhotra - Weise

Edler - Weber

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Salo

Alberts

Luongo

Schneider

That's a cup worthy defence. Maybe trade Schneider for a top-6 forward anywhere in the league and we're set.

Nashville will want to keep Weber. The only way I can see you prying him is for more offence somehow and a solid D to fill the hole. It would be very difficult for us to get the right pieces. I think the right pieces might be Yakupov + a solid D man.

Schneider + Gragnani + Hansen + Van 1st for CLB 1st

Connauton + CLB 1st for EDM 1st

EDM 1st (Yakupov) + Edler for Weber

That's five players plus a first for Weber.. would you do it? I don't think Nashville wants our late first rounders

Archived