The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Canucks - Leafs Trade Is "98% Done"

Can someone please explain to me why we would want Schenn?

If the worst team in the league is trying to get rid of him I think that says something, doesn't it?

And this is all based on the assumption that Luongo wants to go to T.O. Let's face it, he knows he only has maybe 5 years max left in him as an elite goalie. If he accepts the trade means he must think the Leafs will be contending for a Stanley Cup atleast 2 out of the next 5 years. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

This trade is bull.

Honestly, you know what really scares me? This trade might actually be involving Schneider and not Luongo.

Yes please, but take out Shroeder and add some other parts. I think Shroeder is going to be a very good player and the Nucks organizational depth at centre isn't very good.

Schenn, MacArthur, Lombardi, 5th overall

For

Lu, Ballard, Parent, Honzik, 1st, 5rd

Or

Schenn, Gardiner, Lombardi

For

Lu, Ballard, Parent, Honzik, 5rd

Can someone please explain to me why we would want Schenn?

If the worst team in the league is trying to get rid of him I think that says something, doesn't it?

And this is all based on the assumption that Luongo wants to go to T.O. Let's face it, he knows he only has maybe 5 years max left in him as an elite goalie. If he accepts the trade means he must think the Leafs will be contending for a Stanley Cup atleast 2 out of the next 5 years. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

This trade is bull.

Honestly, you know what really scares me? This trade might actually be involving Schneider and not Luongo.

Does no one here understand how the minor leagues work???

'Very good' NHL players DO NOT spend two full years in the AHL, scoring only half a point a game. You have to DOMINATE in the A to have a shot at being a good NHL'er. Even third line grinders score a point-per-game in the minors.

The fact that Schroeder has shown virtually nothing means that it is HIGHLY unlikely that he'll be anything more than a bottom-line grinder. And, that's completely ignoring the fact that he's virtually the tiniest player in the world (and our team does not need more of that type of player). The ONLY shot he has at the NHL - is if he completely turns it around and starts scoring literally twice as much (or if he quits scoring altogether and AV gets an Aaron-Rome-type crush on the man)...

Ryan Kesler

Dustin Brown

Zach Parise

James Neal

Loui Eriksson

None had over a PPG in the AHL. I'm sure they are all bums too. Maybe Schroeder won't work out, but his lack of solid numbers in the AHL doesn't guarantee he will not be successful.

Not to mention the former lord and saviour Cody Hodgson's AHL season. Schroeder scored at a .58 ppg average last season, where in Cody's AHL season he had also a .58 ppg average. Hodgson being some fan's "top six forward of the future", and now Schroeder with the same points per game is a bum who won't make the NHL ever... Alright.

Gardiner is MASSIVELY overrated. Gets some of the cushiest time in the league while being scored against on a regular basis.

Schenn, meanwhile, is fairly underrated. The departure of his old partner Kaberle affected his game quite negatively and while it makes no sense for TO to trade him at an all-time low value, i can see TO doing such a move.

The question is if either is worth Luongo. That's tough to say. imo We shouldn't trade with TO at all, no matter what. What, help them? Why bother? We can live without either Schenn or Gardiner. Cheers.

TOML

Archived