The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mobilicity offering 200 for porting a number over.

i figure there's gotta be a few folks who've put off dropping Robelus because of contracts.

HOW TO BREAK FREE

We believe that Canadians deserve an alternative wireless experience that delivers better value, more freedom and most of all choice.

Unlike other providers that lock you into term contracts, Mobilicity has no term contracts or cancellation fees.

That’s why we’re giving you a $200 credit to #BreakFree on June 23– 24

Breaking Free is simple:

• Call your current wireless provider or check your monthly bill to find out your account number

• Use our Store Locator to find a store nearest you

• Visit the store to select your phone and unlimited plan and provide the sales rep with your account number.

We’ll take care of the rest!

http://breakyourcontract.ca/

Good time to switch, too. Apparently Mobilicity is upgrading their network to "4G" by the end of 2012.

The whole, "we won't lock you into contracts," thing is crap in my opinion. No one is ever forced into a contract with any carrier, they all have options to just get a rate plan and a phone. No amount of money would convince me to move to a carrier that has coverage limited to a select group of major cities however.

"$200 credit is provided to customer’s account, in equal installments of $10 per month for 20 months, when customer transfers his/her number on a new activation and while customer is on preauthorized credit payment."

Isn't that contract of sorts?

Smart guys at Mobilicity...

Rogers, Telus and Bell run a different frequency than Wind, Mobilicity, etc. so phones aren't necessarily transferable unless they operate at both.

But what if you decide to leave after a few months? Since you aren't on a contract, you can do so, but you don't get the full $200 credit they promised you. So, in essence, they're saying we'll give you a credit but only if you stick with us for this long (20 months).

That sounds like semantics to me.

Rogers, Telus and Bell run a different frequency than Wind, Mobilicity, etc. so phones aren't necessarily transferable unless they operate at both.

But what if you decide to leave after a few months? Since you aren't on a contract, you can do so, but you don't get the full $200 credit they promised you. So, in essence, they're saying we'll give you a credit but only if you stick with us for this long (20 months).

That sounds like semantics to me.

i figure there's gotta be a few folks who've put off dropping Robelus because of contracts.

HOW TO BREAK FREE

We believe that Canadians deserve an alternative wireless experience that delivers better value, more freedom and most of all choice.

Unlike other providers that lock you into term contracts, Mobilicity has no term contracts or cancellation fees.

That’s why we’re giving you a $200 credit to #BreakFree on June 23– 24

Breaking Free is simple:

• Call your current wireless provider or check your monthly bill to find out your account number

• Use our Store Locator to find a store nearest you

• Visit the store to select your phone and unlimited plan and provide the sales rep with your account number.

We’ll take care of the rest!

http://breakyourcontract.ca/

Good time to switch, too. Apparently Mobilicity is upgrading their network to "4G" by the end of 2012.

They are all scams. No contract Virgin, Fido koodo, or solo ? lies! you must pay out your super tab. Unlimited Data with Wind moblie ? Please lol ! Dont even get me started on Rogers or Scamus horrid customer care. I feel so sorry for Blackberry users their bills are sky high. I am sure most of you know but Bell Canada owns and runs the networks for Telus and Virgin across Canada. We pay the highest cell phone rates in the world and still have to pay hundreds for handsets that are obsolete in 3 months? Fight with your dollar Canadians shop smart and keep the money in your pockets.

Archived