The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mobilicity offering 200 for porting a number over.

Really they aren't. I've been using them for about 6 months now and have only had an occasional hiccup in the service. No, they aren't a good choice if you live in the areas not covered by their unlimited network yet, but at their prices, even if you go through those areas and end up using your phone occasionally it's only roaming at 15 cents a minute.

Not me.

I just don't have an irrational fear of not getting something I won't use anyways... Oh noes, I lose signal somewhere I go maybe once a month at most! I choose to save the $80 on two phones each month. Way back in the day when I signed up for CityFido when it first came out, the service had some sketchy areas too, didn't cause a problem for me and I saved a bunch of money every month. Same thing now with Mobilicity.

Ding ding ding.

I was on contract when CityFido came out and at the time, it seemed like a much bigger deal to break said contract since I was just a kid. I've regretted not signing up for nigh on a decade now.

It was a real battle to keep Mobilicity first few months - I didn't even get internet in the bathroom of my own house! :lol:

Contracts are not what they used to be. You sign a contract and if you are ever looking to cancel you only have to pay of the subsidy of the phone.

Example:

iPhone 4s:

Reg: $649

3 year: $159

Difference is $490, so if you want to cancel the next day the max you pay is $490.

Anything later is calculated: 490/36 months (3 years) =$13.61 per month.

So if you wanted to cancel after two years: 13.61 * 12 months= $163.32

This definately beats coughing up the cash right away and usually with a contract you open up the possibilities of certain discounts being added based on your loyalty, payment history to help decrease your monthly cost.

Archived