The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

It's okay to beat up your classmates when.....

Magikal

For that one troll that keeps talking about provocation and feeding starving children, here's an idea - please explain to me what kind of behaviour on her part merits this kind of a response. Did she beat these kids? Did she sexually abuse them? Because short of that I see no reason for this lashing out. I had a mean teacher on more than one occasion, and a mean principal, and a mean co-worker. Does that mean I am allowed to chase them down after school/work and unleash this kind of tirade? I don't think so.

Also, just because there are starving children somewhere, does that mean I have to feel bad about my above average paycheck? This woman was getting 15 grand a year for this thankless job and now she may actually have enough money to retire and not live in total poverty. I consider that a good thing. I love the mentality of some people - hey, most of the world is poor so you should be poor too! I don't think so...

I also have a wonderful bullying story like this. Same thing happened to me on the bus when I was 13. Except for it was on the way to school and half way through I got pepper sprayed as well. No one stood up for me, no one bothered to alert the driver. No one gave a damn. So I got up and made the bus driver pull over. I requested a cell phone and called the police. After a very long day of statements and bookings those a-holes got suspended and had to switch schools, except no other school in the district wanted to take them after such a publicized fiasco so they had to move to a different city/state. No one dared to say another mean word after that. What did I do to deserve all that? Hmm, I spoke English with a bit of a Russian accent, was a "foreigner", dressed funny by American kid standards and had large glasses. Obviously, this kind of treatment was totally provoked by me. :rolleyes:

Guest BuckFoston

only in America, where being a victim could get you rich.

I do feel sorry for her though, but the fund being raised is absurd and could probably be used in a better cause.

She deserves monetary compensation for her hurt feelings more than anyone else because...?

Yeah, what was done to her wasn't right, but I'm sure we've been through worse. Children get bullied and tormented all the time. We just make them accept it as part of growing up. Why do people feel so much more heartstruck and compassionate for full grown adults in this situation?

And both you and I are among those who'd be told to "Man up, you wuss!", as I have alluded to earlier.

It's not only the children who were actually verbally abusing her that I have a problem with, I've got a problem with the kids sitting nearby who let it happen. If you see/hear this happening and you don't do anything about it, you are part of the problem. All bullies count on the bystanders.

Always reminds me of this

First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me and there was no one left to speak out for me.

It's not only the children who were actually verbally abusing her that I have a problem with, I've got a problem with the kids sitting nearby who let it happen. If you see/hear this happening and you don't do anything about it, you are part of the problem. All bullies count on the bystanders.

That could be the case where you grew up but it's still wrong. There's a difference between teasing someone as a joke when they're your friends and verbally assaulting someone. If you let that happen, that person will not realize the consequences. I hate it when people don't stand up for others.

Archived