The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

whispers going around is tanev, schroeder, luongo are the package heading to FLA. for a young prospect, theodore, 1st rd pick. DT wants tanev after losing garrison. And people say theodore has nixed the deal.Take this with a grain of salt.

You think Luongo is going to have a bad season? After he was shown the door by the organization that promised him a career in their city because they think they have a younger better goaltender?

Luongo is going to start the season with a vengeance next year and Florida will repeat as SW division champs. I can honestly see Luongo just gritting his teeth at a chance to prove everyone wrong.

Then again, if that was the case, why wouldn't he want to compete with Schneider for the #1 job here ... I think mentally Luongo has already lost the starting job to Schneider as he has already given up - which sucks because I think Luongo does have the capability to compete with Schneider - he just doesn't have the mind to rise up to the challenge.

Unless Tallon is still trying to fleece us, I don't see how the leafs could possibly be offering something superior to florida. I live in Toronto and believe me when I say the only player that actually plays every night is grabo and he's got quite the cap hit. Other than that it's quite the crapshoot.

Unless Tallon is still trying to fleece us, I don't see how the leafs could possibly be offering something superior to florida. I live in Toronto and believe me when I say the only player that actually plays every night is grabo and he's got quite the cap hit. Other than that it's quite the crapshoot.

Harvey Fialkov@hfialkov

Panthers Bjugstad rejects initial contract offer to turn pro according to source;

Florida Panthers@FlaPanthers

Bjugstad on making decision of whether he'll return to U of M: Probably won't be too long. Probably next week. Need to sit down with family

Of all the top 3 prospects, you would think Bjugstad, given that he may return to college, is the most probable target to be traded.

The Toronto's "last offer" is just funny to hear about, no way Gillis would pull that deal. Florida is the team to deal with as Burke wouldn't part with any of his intriguing parts. I sure hope it'd be Huberdeau coming back the other way if we're going to give up Tanev. Gudbranson could still be a possibility, they may not want Tanev to replace Garrison but want Tanev since they're giving up Gudbranson, just my thought.

If we trade Luongo for prospects and not a top-six, I sure hope we can land Shane Doan ..he's exactly what we need.

The Toronto's "last offer" is just funny to hear about, no way Gillis would pull that deal. Florida is the team to deal with as Burke wouldn't part with any of his intriguing parts. I sure hope it'd be Huberdeau coming back the other way if we're going to give up Tanev. Gudbranson could still be a possibility, they may not want Tanev to replace Garrison but want Tanev since they're giving up Gudbranson, just my thought.

If we trade Luongo for prospects and not a top-six, I sure hope we can land Shane Doan ..he's exactly what we need.

Archived