The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumours/Reports] Official Roberto Luongo Trade Thread (Keep it all here please)

If Toronto does have an offer of Kulemin and Komisarek on the table, and lets just say this is the only offer out there, would you do it?

I think I would.

Komisarek is the big physical stay at home dman that Vans been missing since Mitchell left.

Kulemin is a former 30 goal scorer who is only 24 years old.

Obviously, I think that Van can do better for Lou, but if this was all that was out there, I dont think its that bad of an offer.

No thx.... sending away 5.33million then get 4.5 back? No

Komisarek never ever work up to his salary, and he really is not a good defenceman

We have too many 4 million d man, we are not getting another one

Komi is good character but he is getting slower in a league that's getting faster.

Kulemin is no better than Raymond, that is why he is in every Leafs rumor.

Their 1st would be a mid round pick with the players they get to keep and Lu.

So no if I was making the call. I'd be looking at packages for a guarantee stud which may involve more players, picks and teams.

My ideal trade with Toronto would be:

Luongo + Raymond(would consider luongo + burrows if ray wasn't enough)

For

Kessel

Won't happen but I would love to see Sedin-Sedin-Kessel that would solidify out first line and boost the Sedins.

After the meltdown in the SCF in 2010-2011 you would have thought Lu would have come out and have a different Oct and start the season as a man possessed and have a very good 2011-2012, but neither happened. He was a Vezina finalist in 2010-11 and one would think he would have at least been in te discussion last season. At best Lu was a middle of the road last season, and come playoff time when everyone knew that was going to be his defining moment to see how he handled what has been his achilles heel which is the playoffs, and yes he played very good in game 1 but still allowed a crappy and very critical 1st goal in game 1 and was flopping around in game 2 and was far from stellar.

Meh it's really a matter of opinion. I see Kessel complimenting the twins. Burrows was nice at digging the puck out but he's not as good a sniper as Kessel. What the twins need IMO is a good skater to open up some ice and someone to cycle the puck to. Who can snipe.

+ most goals SHOULD come from set plays or relay up ice from defense. The only reason why I would hesitate to do a burrows exchange for Kessel is burrows shorthanded ability.

Meh it's really a matter of opinion. I see Kessel complimenting the twins. Burrows was nice at digging the puck out but he's not as good a sniper as Kessel. What the twins need IMO is a good skater to open up some ice and someone to cycle the puck to. Who can snipe.

+ most goals SHOULD come from set plays or relay up ice from defense. The only reason why I would hesitate to do a burrows exchange for Kessel is burrows shorthanded ability.

Trade Lu, best goaltender to date the franchise has ever had, and Burrows, hands down the best value in the NHL, and one of the NHL's best character guys, who does it all - for Kessel - a no character, no hitter, one trick pony? The guy is -38 with 36 hits in 3 years in Toronto, would be an absolute misfit in Vancouver, and the idea is to give the Leafs the heart and soul of the Canucks? That imo would replace the Neely trade as the most unsavoury in franchise history. Kessel belongs alongside Phaneuf - in more ways than one - as one of the most over-rated players in the NHL. The Leafs fix for their goaltending problems is not as easy as their other core problem - the players that their 'core' consists of.

SamJam just retweeted this tweet from Florida President/CEO.

#FLAPanthers president/CEO: "@PanthersYormark: On the road again this week. Heading to vegas for a very important dinner on monday night."

In context, Luongo is currently in Vegas playing in the WSOP and would have a break Monday as Day one of the Main Event is spread over 3 or 4 days.

Do you have ANY idea how the Sedin's play? I don't mean to be a prick but how long have you been watching the Twins?

You can count how many times they score off the rush in a season on 1 hand. They're goals SHOULD come any way they know how to get them and for years now they've been scoring off the cycle waiting for the down low coverage to break down and take advantage of holes left by the D.

I wonder, just what the other 29 teams needs are really? Here is a quick list of some, if not all teams, with their goalie situations:

Anaheim Hiller 4.5m two more years, Delauriers .6m 1 year

Boston Rask 3.5m 1 year, Khubodin .875m 1 year, Thomas 5m final year, taking it off

Buffalo Miller 6.25m 2 years, Enroth .675 1 year

Calgary Kiprusoff 5.8m 2 years, Karlsson .862m 1 year

Carolina Ward, 6.3 for 5 years, Boucher and Peters for 1 and 2 years

Chicago Crawford 2.6m 2 years, Emery, 1.15m 1 year

Colorado Varlamov 2.8m 2 years, Giguere 1.25m 1 year

Columbus Mason 2.9m, Bobrovsky 1.75m both at 1 year

Dallas Lehtonen 3.55m one year Bachman, RFA

Detroit Howard 2.25m 1 year, Gustavsson 1.5m 2 years

Edmonton Khabibulin 3.75m 1 year left, Dubnyk 3.5m 2 years

Florida Theodore, 1.5m 1 year, Clemenson 1.2m 2 years

LA Quick, nuff said.

Minny Backstrom 6m 1 year, Harding 1.9m 3 years

Montreal Price 6.5m 6 years, Budaj 1.15m 1 year

Nashville Rinne, nuff said.

New Jersey Brodeur, Hedberg, 2 more each

New York Islanders DiPietro 4.5m till 2020 or something?, Nabokov 2.75, 1 year

New York Rangers Lundqvist 6.8m 2 years, Biron 1.3m 2 years

Ottawa Anderson 3m 3 years, Bishop .675m 1 year

Philly Bryzgalov forever

Phoenix Smith 2m 1 year (*what a deal!), Labarbara 1.25m 1 year

Pittsburgh Fluery 5m 3 years, Vokoun 2m 2 years

San Jose Niemi 3.8m 3 years, Greiss .6m 1 year

St Louis Halak 3.75m 2 years, Elliot 1.8m 2 years

Tampa Bay Lindback 1.8m 2 years, Garon 1.3m 1 year

Toronto Reimer 1.8m 2 years, Scrivens RFA

Washington Neuvirth 1.15m 1 year, Holtby .6m 1 year

Winnipeg Pavelec 3.9m 5 years, Montoya .6m 1 year

I really just wanted to see a list all in one place, not really a comment on where I think Luongo will be traded...some potentials are obviously Toronto, Florida, Tampa, Washington, the Islanders, Dallas, Columbus, Colorado, Chicago..but with most of these teams, they have serviceable options...interesting stuff though. I thought New Jersey may be a suitor, till they signed both goalies for two more years.

I wonder, just what the other 29 teams needs are really? Here is a quick list of some, if not all teams, with their goalie situations:

Anaheim Hiller 4.5m two more years, Delauriers .6m 1 year

Boston Rask 3.5m 1 year, Khubodin .875m 1 year, Thomas 5m final year, taking it off

Buffalo Miller 6.25m 2 years, Enroth .675 1 year

Calgary Kiprusoff 5.8m 2 years, Karlsson .862m 1 year

Carolina Ward, 6.3 for 5 years, Boucher and Peters for 1 and 2 years

Chicago Crawford 2.6m 2 years, Emery, 1.15m 1 year

Colorado Varlamov 2.8m 2 years, Giguere 1.25m 1 year

Columbus Mason 2.9m, Bobrovsky 1.75m both at 1 year

Dallas Lehtonen 3.55m one year Bachman, RFA

Detroit Howard 2.25m 1 year, Gustavsson 1.5m 2 years

Edmonton Khabibulin 3.75m 1 year left, Dubnyk 3.5m 2 years

Florida Theodore, 1.5m 1 year, Clemenson 1.2m 2 years

LA Quick, nuff said.

Minny Backstrom 6m 1 year, Harding 1.9m 3 years

Montreal Price 6.5m 6 years, Budaj 1.15m 1 year

Nashville Rinne, nuff said.

New Jersey Brodeur, Hedberg, 2 more each

New York Islanders DiPietro 4.5m till 2020 or something?, Nabokov 2.75, 1 year

New York Rangers Lundqvist 6.8m 2 years, Biron 1.3m 2 years

Ottawa Anderson 3m 3 years, Bishop .675m 1 year

Philly Bryzgalov forever

Phoenix Smith 2m 1 year (*what a deal!), Labarbara 1.25m 1 year

Pittsburgh Fluery 5m 3 years, Vokoun 2m 2 years

San Jose Niemi 3.8m 3 years, Greiss .6m 1 year

St Louis Halak 3.75m 2 years, Elliot 1.8m 2 years

Tampa Bay Lindback 1.8m 2 years, Garon 1.3m 1 year

Toronto Reimer 1.8m 2 years, Scrivens RFA

Washington Neuvirth 1.15m 1 year, Holtby .6m 1 year

Winnipeg Pavelec 3.9m 5 years, Montoya .6m 1 year

I really just wanted to see a list all in one place, not really a comment on where I think Luongo will be traded...some potentials are obviously Toronto, Florida, Tampa, Washington, the Islanders, Dallas, Columbus, Colorado, Chicago..but with most of these teams, they have serviceable options...interesting stuff though. I thought New Jersey may be a suitor, till they signed both goalies for two more years.

Archived