The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Bobrovsky to Columbus

Silly question, but I'll ask anyway. Does this set a standard for a backups worth? I mean we have a fantastic backup who could be a starter and from what I've seen, it's reasonable to assume he's somewhat safe. However, could other teams use this as precedent to low ball us on either of our top tier goalies? Obviously MG isn't going to move one if the price isn't right, but will it make it more difficult?

Bob at 23yo is a more experienced NHL goalie than Schneider at 26yo.

I could not see a rebuilding team like Colombus acquiring a soon to be UFA like Schneider without guarantee Schneider could stay with them more than one year.

Who know, maybe Vancouver allowed them to speak with Schneider agent and after realizing Schneider would be gone summer 2013 then they turned to a 23yo goalie with at least the guarantee to retain his right until 2016. And they didnt pay a fortune for him, a 45th overall + 2 x 4th = 35-40th overall

Now we know one thing for Sure, after looking at all their option, Tampa Bay and Colombus preferred to acquire Lindback and Bobrovsky than pay whatever it take to get Schneider or Luongo.

Pools getting smaller of teams looking for goaltending.

But seriously, did CBJ just downgrade their goaltending from previous year? lol

3rd in the league last yr with goals against. They let Sanford go, and bring in a young guy who had a similar SV% as your current goaltender (Mason). All under .900 SV%. What is Howson thinking.

Archived