The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wesley Myron Talk

Samk

Smells to me like academic problems. isn't he signing with Kalamazoo ? So much for drafting character

Seriously doubt it. This says nothing of poor character. Faulty assumption on your part.

Why do people think that the Canucks would not support this move at all? From a player development point of view, there's nothing wrong with focusing 100% on hockey and familiarizing with other prospects in the system.

Seriously doubt it. This says nothing of poor character. Faulty assumption on your part.

Why do people think that the Canucks would not support this move at all? From a player development point of view, there's nothing wrong with focusing 100% on hockey and familiarizing with other prospects in the system.

playing in the echl compared to boston as his age is a big developemental step down in my opinion.  Our late ronders last year were picked because we would get at least 2-4 years to look at them play in college.  Meanwhile, they are getting an education which MG finds to be a very important quality.  I think his hockey career, at least with the canucks, took a hit with this move.

He was a late round pick the success rate for those players is less than 15% If I'm him I'm concentrating on making a living away from hockey...which conversely is 85% certain

K-WINGS SIGN MYRON

Kalamazoo Signs Forward Wesley Myron February 7, 2013 - Mike Modugno

Director of Public Relations and Broadcaster

wesleymyronkalamazoowings.jpg

Kalamazoo, MI- The Kalamazoo Wings, proud member of the ECHL, three-time defending North Division Champions and National Hockey League affiliate to the Vancouver Canucks, and American Hockey League’s Chicago Wolvesannounce the signing of forward Wesley Myron; per team policy, the terms of the contract will be undisclosed.

A sixth-round (177th overall) selection in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft of the Vancouver Canucks, Myron began the season at Boston University, where he posted three points (2 goals, 1 assist) in 21 games for the Terriers.

Prior to going to Boston University, Myron played five seasons of junior hockey, primary in the BCHL with the Victoria Grizzlies. Last season with the Grizzlies, Myron registered an incredible 42 points (17 goals, 25 assists) in 26 games.

In a separate transaction, the K-Wings have released forward Dwight Helminen.

For more information about the signing of Wesley Myron, please contact Mike Modugno, director of public relations and broadcaster at (269) 226-0384.

-www.kwings.com-

http://www.kwings.co...-SIGN-MYRON-651

Myron picked up his first two ECHL points - in the form of 2 assists - and added 2 PIMS and a +1 rating for Kalamazoo in a 4-3 loss to the Trenton Titans today.

He had a goal taken away from him on the stat sheet and then two assists added. I can only imagine that he was pretty involved for the K-Wings offence tonight.

Archived