The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wesley Myron Talk

Samk

You can see why the Canucks took Myron, he's a guy who has upside who just needs time to play and envelop. he's progressed well in the last year alone, it's too bad he left college so suddenly to play more consistently. Could force the Canucks to sign him or let him walk sooner then they projected having to make that decision. Hope he continues to develop well and maybe force an AHL contract

You can see why the Canucks took Myron, he's a guy who has upside who just needs time to play and envelop. he's progressed well in the last year alone, it's too bad he left college so suddenly to play more consistently. Could force the Canucks to sign him or let him walk sooner then they projected having to make that decision. Hope he continues to develop well and maybe force an AHL contract

after the last few years, i'm of the opinion it's not an entirely bad thing for guys to have some time in the ECHL. we have several guys who appear to have benefitted from that time. examples being mallet, guimond, grenier, and archibald. we've had other guys go down as well but to me, those guys improved on things and came back to the AHL better players. i guess we'll see if thats the case for guimond, but he looks to be an AHLer this year.

after the last few years, i'm of the opinion it's not an entirely bad thing for guys to have some time in the ECHL. we have several guys who appear to have benefitted from that time. examples being mallet, guimond, grenier, and archibald. we've had other guys go down as well but to me, those guys improved on things and came back to the AHL better players. i guess we'll see if thats the case for guimond, but he looks to be an AHLer this year.

Yeah, I've never really pictured the ECHL as a place to hide prospects. It's really far from it. It's more to help out the prospects that aren't doing well as other prospects. Without the ECHL, those prospects would have a lot harder time developing and rebounding.

• 2 months later...

What was his reason for leaving Boston University last year?

After sustaining an injury in his last year of Jr A, and then not getting sufficient ice time as a 20 year old freshman.. He decided the move to turn pro would be beneficial for his development.

• 2 months later...

In Myron's first game with the Kwings he had 2 Assists finished +2 and had 6 shots in a 5-4 Kwings win.

Both were first assists and the second was on the GWG.

Not a bad start coming off a long long injury.

Ignited by a couple of new members, the K-Wings took control of the game in the second period. Wesley Myron was able to wrap around the Walleye net, finding Mitchell Good (1st) in front of the goal, for the equalizing mark.

Kalamazoo’s scoring frenzy stayed alive in the final period as Myron found Brandon Martell (3rd) at the blue line for a slap-shot strike. Myron’s play earned him two assists in his first performance in his K-Wing season debut.

the video quality's sketchy, but Myron had a fight in his second game back yesterday. Decent scrap:

does anyone know if this is something he likes to do? i'm excited his development is up and running again. it'll be cool to finally find out what kind of player he is.

the video quality's sketchy, but Myron had a fight in his second game back yesterday. Decent scrap:

seems like he's got some swagger. From his moves, not the best or experienced fighter, but didn't chicken out and keep on swinging and trying to get the other dude.

Haven't seen any videos of him other than this one, at least I like his fire i guess.

• 2 months later...

Myron's regular season is over, a confusing and disappointing one at that. Had two assists in 11 games with the K-Wings and missed most of the year due to injuries... I'd be surprised if the Canucks offered him a contract. He'll have the playoffs to make a last-ditch impression I guess - not sure how his status works since he left college before he'd finished his degree. Anybody know when we lose his rights?

Not sure on his rights, and I liked his play at the young stars tourney but he just hasn't shown enough. I could see an AHL contract perhaps for another year but unless he really makes a jump he doesn't really project at the NHL level.

Not sure on his rights, and I liked his play at the young stars tourney but he just hasn't shown enough. I could see an AHL contract perhaps for another year but unless he really makes a jump he doesn't really project at the NHL level.

As we speak the Vcr 50 man roster is FULL

As we speak the Vcr 50 man roster is FULL

As we speak the Vancouver season is over and we have expiring contracts. As a quick guesstimate, we have 45-46 contracts for next year (including non-roster players we're going to re-sign or prospects on ELCs who'll play pro next year). It may be a little more or even a little less but we certainly aren't at 50 for next year.

We could sign him for next season and it wouldn't be an issue, but as I said it's not that likely we sign him on an NHL deal until he proves he's worth it.

Archived