Loungo

Lack

Out:

Ballard

Raymond

Booth

Malhotra

Schnieder

This is how I see the Canucks lineup as of now (with Kelser injured but still slotted in).

The Sedins with Burrows is pretty obvious. Kesler on the second (healthy), but the wingers need to be filled with players that compliment Kesler. Higgins, Lapierre, and Hansen on our third line. The three of them to me seem like the hardest workers on the roster and would fit perfectly on the checking line. The fourth line, I didn't really like any of the players slotting into the fourth line, I think the Canucks need to find a defensive centre with some size, an in your face hard hitter like Raffi Torres and a Parros type that will go after anyone that f'd around. This line should make everyone think twice before they went after our star players.

As for the over players that I left out, Booth is too similar to Kesler and at times they work well but other times they don't, Kesler with Booth just isn't cutting it and I would rather see players the could make Kesler play the way he did against Nashville in last years playoffs. Raymond just hasn't worked out too well and I think he deserves a fresh start somewhere else and should be moved. Malhotra isn't the type of player that compliments Hansen and Higgins and he wouldn't fit on a big tough fourth line. He's a great penalty killer and he's great in the circle, but his eye injury hampered his play and I think it's time we traded malhotra. Ballard just isn't worth the type of money he is getting paid as a 3rd pairing. If you read my post on our Goalie situation, I believe Schnieder would get us a lot more than Loungo and with Lack coming up it would make a lot more sense to ride Loungo for the next few years and then bring in Lack.

The players listed as out, along with free agency should help the Canucks fill all of those holes. Schnieder and a pick could help us land a top 4 dman and a great 2nd liner. Booth, Raymond, Ballard, Malhotra could get us another good 2nd liner, some great fourth line players and some depth on offence and defence.

Players that I would love to see on the Canucks: Parise, E.Kane, and Weber. I'm not saying the Canucks are going to get them I'm just saying these are players I would love to see on the Canucks. Imagine Weber with Edler, and a 2nd line of Parise, Kesler, Kane. If not all three of them at least two of them. As for cap concerns with Ballard, Raymond, Malhotra, and Booth on the outs that would save us around 13 million.

If you don't agree with this relax it's just my opinion and what I want to see happen, don't get your panties in a bunch. Discuss.

unbelievable how quickly people give up on players...

can't wait till booth comes back next year and proves haters wrong.

Dont underestimate how much familiarity plays into how well players play. Especially when the player in question comes from a system like floridas.

I'm not hating on Booth, I just think our second line should be positioned around Kesler through and through and Booth is too similar of a player to Kesler to be on the second line and I wouldn't want to see someone make 4 million playing on the third. If Booth doesn't get traded and he plays lights out thats great, but I would much rather he be traded now then waiting to see what happens.

so who would you suggest that we bring in for 4 million dollars?

booth at 4 mill is a bargain at what he is. one of the hardest working, atheletic players we have.

it seems foolish to bring a player that has a lower potential and skill set just because his playing style is simliar to that of kes.

They showed that they can play well together last year they just need to learn to be consistant.

as long as the third member of the line fits in (as a healthy higs did last year) they are capable of playing not just well but BEASTLY together as they showed in spurts last year.

Unless you're bringing a game changer (realistically not possible at a 4mill cap hit), its gonna take that player time to adjust to our system.

but my main point here is the same question i asked the people who wanted a coaching change. What better option is there for us?

Booth has only played part of one season with the Canucks, save it for the trade deadline.

If he hasn't performed by then, then trade proposals can continue.

Malhotra deserves a shot this year, so I wouldn't want to trade him either.

As for Ballard, he was good towards the end of the year.. But if a package came up for him, I wouldn't say no.

Mason Raymond doesn't really fit in the top 6, so I would have to agree with a trade concerning him though. :P

Sign Gaustad for Line 3, Lappy to fourth with weise/kassian. Promote Jensen and find a bonafide top 6 forward via trade. We aren't getting Parise.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

XXXX-Kesler-Jensen

Higgins-Gaustad-Hansen

Weise-Lapierre-Kassian

We NEED a top right side Dman (Weber is a dream, but here it is:)

Edler-Weber

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Carkener-Tanev

Trade either Lu or Schneider to get that top 6 forward.

Sedin, Sedin, Burrow (really need big body)

Higgins, Kesler,Booth

Kassian, Gaunce, Jensen (would like to see the third line working and growing together. I honestly know it won't happen but my thoughts)

Moltarra, Lapierre,Hansen

? , Elder

Hamhuis, Bieksa

Ballard, Tanev

Weise,Bitz,Pino,Mason,

Rome, Alberta,Salo(if resigns?)

These are the known bodies we have.

Anyone who suggests getting rid of Booth, should not be suggesting anything.

He will start the season, prove you wrong, then the same people will be begging to trade Kesler.

Booth stays, Kesler Stays, All you haters, leave.

Out: Luongo, Booth, Raymond, Ballard, Malhotra, 1st

In: JVR, Franson, Gaustad, Garrison, Huselius, Prust

Sedin - Sedin - JVR

Burrows - Kesler - Huselius

Higgins - Gaustad - Prust

Kassian - Lapierre - Hansen

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Tanev - Franson

Schneider

Lack

Actually when Booth started hitting people down the stretch I started to like him, I thought if he kept it up he could be a nice fit (distraction) on the first line with the Sedins. Only thing is he would have to stop lugging the puck up the ice like he prefers to do and just drive the net with his stick on the ice.

I agree with Higgins on the third, that sort of hustle is made for the checking line. Not sure they would score much but thats not needed per say... although the so called amex line did work with Higgins on the second line.

And to be honest with you the most brutal player on the second line this year WAS Kesler... His wingers sucked because all he wanted to do was rush up the ice and try to recapture his wristshot glory. Was a pathetic season for Kesler, but I only blame the coaches for his season long stubbornness.

I still like Schneider over Luongo just for sheer athletic ability... I think Luongo has been babying his groin and as a result we do not see him "battling" like he did when he arrived in Vancouver. Time to move on.

Out side of that I would not mind to see Ballard go, Raymond as well but he could be a servicable checker with his speed. This team is not a bare as you suggest imho... Second line needs work but I think with Kesler on the shelf we will be surprised how effective it becomes. Manny might be done... There all in!

Sedin-Sedin-Fill

Booth-Kesler-Burrows

Higgins-Fill-Hansen

Lapierre-Fill-Kassian

Bieksa-Hamhuis

Edler-Fill

Tanev-Fill

Schneider-Lack

Burrows has been great with the Sedins but let's be honest they need a powerforward on that line, Burrows clearly isn't that. If we do keep Burr on that line then we need a sniper for the second line. Also centre's, Malholtra can stay but I thought i'd leave it blank in case he does get cut and we're gonna need a guy to fill in for Kesler while he's out. Maybe Schroeder tho I'm weary about that. Also need some major D-man fills. I like Rome but we need to get some more reliable d-men in there. thoughts?

This is how I see the all healthy lineup with the spots that we need to fill:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - _________

Higgins - _________ - Hansen

Malhotra - Lapierre - Kassian

Edler - _________

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Alberts

Luongo/Schneider

_________

Basically, this team needs another top 6 forward, a 3rd line centre and a top pairing defenseman to be totally complete. However, we don't literally need all those things. For example, to fill that top pairing D spot beside Edler, the Canucks don't necessarily need a top pairing D, but at least a top 4 complimentary guy that can handle the minutes (think a Garrison type player). Despite what people say, Edler IS a #1 defenseman so that need, IMO, is filled. The same goes for the top 6 forward spot. The Canucks don't necessarily need a legit star, but a complimentary type that could work well with his linemates would be sufficient. Think a Purcell type player.

This lineup does not include Raymond, though. Canucks management has indicated that they're very interested in keeping him and they're going to arbitration. Unless a guy like Malhotra is dealt or Kassian is bumped out of the lineup, someone is going to have to be moved to fit in Raymond. There is also the possibility that Higgins just gets moved to the 3rd line centre spot, as he can play centre, and Raymond is put in that 3rd line LW spot.

There is the potential for a Luongo trade to Florida to answer 2 out of the 3 main needs. Let's say Luongo is dealt to Florida for Marcel Goc, the rights to Jason Garrison, a 1st round pick and maybe a prospect. Goc would be a great candidate to fill the 3rd line centre spot and he's signed for the low price of $1.7 million for two more seasons. Obviously the intent would be for Gillis to get Garrison signed and have him play beside Edler has he did with Campbell in Florida. That leaves the top 6 forward spot as the main need and there will be tons of cap space to address that.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - ________

Higgins - Goc - Hansen

Raymond - Malhotra - Lapierre

Kassian

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

Luongo/Schneider

_________

Archived