The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

your mike gillis,what do you go for at free agency

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Defensive D-man or two.

With Luongo, trade him to FLA for a roster player like Matthias, and Rocco Grimaldi.

Grimaldi could be the biggest steal ever. He has the biggest work-ethic I've seen and is crazy skilled.

Only problem is he is small :/

Quit talking about Grimaldi he is 5'6 do u want that????

I want Bjugstad and Petrovic

If I had to, I'd settle for Howden and Petrovic

If we had no other option, I'd take Grimaldi, Petrovic and hopefully a first or second +3rd

And still I'd feel we aren't getting fair value

Quit talking about Grimaldi he is 5'6 do u want that????

I want Bjugstad and Petrovic

If I had to, I'd settle for Howden and Petrovic

If we had no other option, I'd take Grimaldi, Petrovic and hopefully a first or second +3rd

And still I'd feel we aren't getting fair value

lol this thread from what i gather is about free agency not trade proposals.

This years UFA crop is not that big but i think there's quite a few players that could help the team.

Players id like off the top of my head.

Gaustad, Prust, Tootoo, Moen, Asham, Winnik, Allen, Brookbank, Bickel, Carkner, Garrison, Wideman, Shultz

Then the real long shots of Parise and Suter.

There's not a lot of top talent on the UFA front but we should be able to fill and upgrade on a few positions and there's quite a few players that could help with the size and toughness.

1. Overpay for Parenteau and hope it pans out.

2. Grab Garrison on a fair contract of 3.3 - 3.75.M/yr

3. Grab the best available backup goalie on the free agent market.

4. Grab Latendresse at a reasonable contract (2yr @ 2M/yr)

5. Use Lu/Raymond/Ballard/Alberts to acquire 3rd line center/defensive bottom pairing D man/hard-nosed 4th liner

Fill any holes from within.

Schultz would be my primary goal. Not because I think he will step in right away but because he's a free D prospect at that age....we just don't have any......OTher than that, on D would love to get an Allen or Garrison if under 4mil.....

Other players I would be interested in would be more offense (especially a playmaker) for our 2nd line such as P.A. Parenteau (we need a passer for Kes and/or Booth).....Brad Boyes would be interesting if he came as a project...young enough and has proven he can put the puck in the net

lol this thread from what i gather is about free agency not trade proposals.

This years UFA crop is not that big but i think there's quite a few players that could help the team.

Players id like off the top of my head.

Gaustad, Prust, Tootoo, Moen, Asham, Winnik, Allen, Brookbank, Bickel, Carkner, Garrison, Wideman, Shultz

Then the real long shots of Parise and Suter.

There's not a lot of top talent on the UFA front but we should be able to fill and upgrade on a few positions and there's quite a few players that could help with the size and toughness.

Archived