The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis for sure will make moves in the summer.

ChuckNORRIS4Cup

Gillis has said he will make moves in the summer, just not sure what time frame that is. As far goes for Luongo Gillis says he's the reason Luongo hasn't been traded yet, because he wants more then what the teams are offering.

Asked what the problem is for working out a deal for Luongo, Gillis said, "I'm the problem" - suggesting he won't take just anything for a player he considers to be one of the top 15 goalies in the world.

"I do anticipate making some moves over the course of the summer," Gillis said. "I'm not sure of the time frame."

Forsure yes. Gillis will make some moves forsure. As far as for Luongo goes hes the reason hes not been traded because hes asking for more than others have offered. But he will forsure be traded in the summer forsure.

Funny thought > Was it not the rights to Peter Schaefer, who would not sign his qualifying offer that scored us Salo in trade from Ottawa? Raymond seems exactly the same sort of player as Schaefer!

What can we get for Raymond?

True but that's before Schneiders new contract and if Raymond stays next season (hope not). But if Luongo gets moved then we should have 14 mill or so (depending on who comes back the other way) to resign a few players and go after players in free agency.

I hope hes traded and some moves are made because something needs to be done. Some fresh faces around the club, fresh blood and a new drive to succeed and win the cup! We seemed to be drained this year and just lacking that real grit and fight when we needed it.

MG shouldn't feel pressure to move Lu as long as long as neither Schneider nor Lu have a problem with the whole situation. When it comes time to re-sign Schneider as a UFA, then there will be pressure. But right now? No.

Schneider isn't a sure thing, nor is Lack. Lu is still a big part of this team and we have the cap space to keep him so I don't understand all the hub-bub. Unless we can sign Suter or Weber or trade for Bobby Ryan I don't really see us getting anyone we would need the cap space for. Our core is deep and MG has faith in them, obviously a top-6 or top-4 guy would be nice but there aren't really any on the market this year. When MG says he's planning to make moves I think he's referring to just adding a few extra guys for depth and size more than a serious Bobby Ryan or Zack Parise (though that would be nice).

I would rather have Luo stay and Cory go,myself but that is not what is going down.

I apologise for redundancy but worth a second posting:

http://www.cknw.com/...ault/index.aspx

June 23 10:36 pm

Kevin Woodley: NHL.com and In Goal Magazine

Giant game of chicken between Burke and Gillis.

The Leafs need Luo and Gillis has to dump him and Burke is squeezing Gillis.

Florida trumps TO in Luo's pecking order-and Luo has last say w/no trade.He is well within his rights to veto any move to TO.

Gillis is dreaming and Dale Tallon has expressed interest,complicating Gillis' hand.

Will Cory sign over a year in length if Luo is not dealt effectively?

Luongo has made it clear it is time for him to move on.

The potential problem of not moving Luo is Schneider is better left with the Nucks as the return would not be fair.

Cory's upside is more than the exchange would bring in return.

I talked with Luo after the post season wrap up and as he was leaving town.

Luo would make it work if he was promised a trade but I am pretty sure he does not want to be back.

It is time to move on and he packed up everything for good.

He is gone-mentally and physically- but it was a melancholic move for him.

He loves Vancouver and he has had a lot of great moments here.

He does not want to be in Vancouver any longer in an uncomfortable position where he is not wanted.

There was a lot of sadness but he has made peace with it.

I'm expecting nothing less than a blockbuster type deal this summer for atleast an elite right handed D. It is so obvious that the biggest hole this team has is that top pairing to play with Edler, it's going to be incredibly frustrating if Gillis doesn't fix the need. And no, Salo is NOT the guy that should be getting the 20+ minutes next year.

If Gillis doesn't fill it, it's going to be a failure of an off-season.

Maybe Schultz, but I HIGHLY doubt he gets guaranteed the minutes considering the way this team works to make him want to sign with us.

I think most people can predict that he will be in fact making moves as this is part of normal offseason routine. Question is, will they be big moves or small moves? Trades or FA signings? In other words, what moves will he be making?

Archived