The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aaron Rome is now gone.

Danthecanucksfan

Rome was a good player for the price that was paid. I thought he played well for us but I guess it's time for him to move on. I am positive that he will be offered a contract in the NHL with another team. Best of luck to you in the future and thanks for your hard work these past few years.

I liked Aaron Rome and what he brought to the team was a reliable D Man that didn't make too many mistakes and a steady hand, his contributions were not spectacular and neither were his mistakes. I'll miss the character that he brought to the team, he'll be missed as a great teammate, though it is time for our prospects with perhaps more talent to step into his former role and now perhaps finally Ballard will get to play on the secondary PP unit where he belongs.

Rome was a solid team player and whether its acknowledged here or not he actually was a good player within his role and as many depth/bottom pairing defensemen he had his bad games and his good ones.

Interesting to see if soem younger players get more of a chance now, Gragnani whom is a bit of a target here on CDC is a player with good upside who may be given a better chance at playing now.

someone should make a "One does not simply... replace Aaron Rome on the back end" meme :lol:; wouldn't have minded him being the #7, he's physical and more mobile than Alberts, and for a couple games he was on fire! Unfortunately

Now he'll just be roaming around....

Considering that Schultz won't be making any decisions until tomorrow... I am pretty sure the two things are entirely unrelated.

I think it does mean that they intend on Tanev being in the NHL next year though and that there is a good chance Salo is coming back to the Canucks.

I am quite worried about the Salo thing though. On the open market someone could offer him a 2 year $4 million per year contract easily. Lots of teams are looking for a top 4 guy and few to be had.

Hard to pass that up when he knows it will be his last contract.

Archived