The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aaron Rome is now gone.

Danthecanucksfan

Only because the rest of the team didn't back it up. That is what soft teams do whereas gritty teams like Boston consider big hits the norm. It seems that when someone throws a big hit or our goalie makes a comment about the other goalie, it becomes a convenient escuse for losing. Not only does the team not back it up but Vancouver usually ships the guy out of town (eg Mike Peca, Aaron Rome, Raffi Torres).

CDC is the most guilty of throwing the player under the bus....Oh my...he shouldn't have said that....he cost us the Cup! Rubbish.....just utter rubbish.

Rome has always been an honest player who gave it everything he had. Within his limited skill set, he was able to do whatever he was asked. I really hope he finds a job in the NHL. He does not and never has deserved the vitriolic abuse heaped on him by the self-appointed experts on CDC. I think we might get at least a look at Connauton early on this season, but Free agency will determine who will compete for a spot.

I know this is about Rome, but nobody is talking about how this potentially affects the look of our entire D with Salo not being offered a contract either.

Rome leaving is one thing but losing Salo could be huge. He's a UFA in 6 days barring an offer by Gillis.

Unless Gillis has plans to bring in someone better than Salo for less than $2Million, he better get off his ass and sign him - or someone else will.

I know this is about Rome, but nobody is talking about how this potentially affects the look of our entire D with Salo not being offered a contract either.

Rome leaving is one thing but losing Salo could be huge. He's a UFA in 6 days barring an offer by Gillis.

Unless Gillis has plans to bring in someone better than Salo for less than $2Million, he better get off his ass and sign him - or someone else will.

I am sad about the possibility of all three not being here next year.............however I would rather have Ebbett than Bitz or Duco. I felt Ebbett could cut it ...........by that I mean contribute with points.

I still think Rome and Salo should have been kept for another year. Rome especially as he was younger not so injury prone and stood up to the rat boys.

Archived