The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] 3rd line center Possibilities

CanucksFanMike

Hey guys, so with Pahlsson leaving to Modo a while ago we need to fill our third line center position via free agency or from within. Here are my top 10 options (not in order at all) to fill the void:

Maxim Lapierre - Our 4th line center for most of last season. Probably good enough to be third line center but I'm not a big supporter of his agitating game.

Manny Malhotra - Was a great checking third line center two seasons ago before injury. If he has bounce back year, he is good enough to be third line center.

Jason Arnott - Veteran center can play at both ends of the rink. He has good playoff experience which could help come May/June next year.

Paul Gaustad - Big, physical center can also score, would be great fit. Only problem is Nashville gave up a first rounder for him at deadline so they are gonna do pretty much anything to re-sign him.

Jay McClement - Responsible defensively, great on faceoffs. THN also reported that the Avalanche and McClement are likely to part ways.

Torrey Mitchell - Another checking center. Has underrated speed and skill, too. Versatility is luxury to have as he can play both center and wing.

Adam Burish - Similar to Lapierre, but might not be good enough to be 3rd line center. Has good experience with Chicago Stanley Cup run in 2010.

Dominic Moore - Veteran checking center who can shut down top opposing forwards. Provides energy and has proven he can play important minutes.

Erik Christensen - Very skilled forward, but is not responsible in defensive zone. This means he isn't really the solid, checking center the Canucks are looking for.

Ryan Carter - Big, physical center proved he can score big goals in Devils 2012 cup run. Can play both center and wing. Good shot blocker as well.

If there is anybody I missed who is set to become a free agent please let me know. Again, these players (Other than Lappy and Manny) are free agents on July 1, unless of course they re-sign with their respective teams.

So, Who do you think is the best fit at third line center?

Is it to early to add Brendan Gaunce to the list of potential 3rd line centres.  He is being labeled as one of teh most NHL ready prospects.  I could see him getting a look in training camp, but with Lappy, Manny and Schroeder plus a potential UFA we can afford to wait.EDIT- there is no way Dominic Moore will ever be a Canuck for obvious reasons.

Hey guys, so with Pahlsson leaving to Modo a while ago we need to fill our third line center position via free agency or from within. Here are my top 10 options (not in order at all) to fill the void:

Maxim Lapierre - Our 4th line center for most of last season. Probably good enough to be third line center but I'm not a big supporter of his agitating game. KEEP HIM ON THE 4TH!!

Manny Malhotra - Was a great checking third line center two seasons ago before injury. If he has bounce back year, he is good enough to be third line center.

Jason Arnott - Veteran center can play at both ends of the rink. He has good playoff experience which could help come May/June next year.

Paul Gaustad - Big, physical center can also score, would be great fit. Only problem is Nashville gave up a first rounder for him at deadline so they are gonna do pretty much anything to re-sign him.

Jay McClement - Responsible defensively, great on faceoffs. THN also reported that the Avalanche and McClement are likely to part ways.

Torrey Mitchell - Another checking center. Has underrated speed and skill, too. Versatility is luxury to have as he can play both center and wing.

Adam Burish - Similar to Lapierre, but might not be good enough to be 3rd line center. Has good experience with Chicago Stanley Cup run in 2010.

Dominic Moore - Veteran checking center who can shut down top opposing forwards. Provides energy and has proven he can play important minutes.

Erik Christensen - Very skilled forward, but is not responsible in defensive zone. This means he isn't really the solid, checking center the Canucks are looking for.

Ryan Carter - Big, physical center proved he can score big goals in Devils 2012 cup run. Can play both center and wing. Good shot blocker as well.

If there is anybody I missed who is set to become a free agent please let me know. Again, these players (Other than Lappy and Manny) are free agents on July 1, unless of course they re-sign with their respective teams.

So, Who do you think is the best fit at third line center?

Is it to early to add Brendan Gaunce to the list of potential 3rd line centres. He is being labeled as one of teh most NHL ready prospects. I could see him getting a look in training camp, but with Lappy, Manny and Schroeder plus a potential UFA we can afford to wait.EDIT- there is no way Dominic Moore will ever be a Canuck for obvious reasons.

First choice would be Paul Gaustad, but he's probably every team's first choice.

Second choice would be Dominic Moore. He's underrated and during Tampa Bay's run to the Eastern Conference Finals in 2011, he had 11 points in 18 games.

Why would he sign in Vancouver after what happened with Steve? Who from 2003-04 is still here? Sedins and Salo? Ron Delorme and the scouting staff?

why do people keep making 3rd line center threads?

its going to be Jordan Schroeder's spot....I dont see how you havent understood that yet.

Sedin-Sedin-Booth

Burrows-Kesler-Kassian

Jensen-Schroeder-Higgins

Malhotra-Lapierre-Hansen

what I want:

Sedin-Sedin-Booth

Burrows-Kesler-Versteeg

Kassian-Schroeder-Jensen

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Archived