The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schultz

SpursCanuck

Projected to be a top 4 DMan, with a huge offensive upside.

Has an absolutely wicked wrist shot, and put up 91 points in 78 games in his final 2 years of University, winning Defenceman of the Year in both seasons.

Have little doubt he could step right onto our line-up and put up 30+ points. However to get used to a NHL length schedule, I'd put him with the Wolves for a year where he would likely be one of the top DMen in the league,

Projected to be a top 4 DMan, with a huge offensive upside.

Has an absolutely wicked wrist shot, and put up 91 points in 78 games in his final 2 years of University, winning Defenceman of the Year in both seasons.

Have little doubt he could step right onto our line-up and put up 30+ points. However to get used to a NHL length schedule, I'd put him with the Wolves for a year where he would likely be one of the top DMen in the league,

Theres a lotta good things about him not a defensive liability, can carry puck puck through neutral zone with great speed can set up in offensive zone but best number 1 thing id say about him is hes Powerplay QB. Exactly what Canucks are lacking, he's the Ehrhoff we traded away, but younger and with a higher ceiling.

Schultz is a prospect, a very high skilled prospect. He is a Offensive D man, and has been making it look easy, he averges more then a point per game. He has and can throw big hits. He is a pp QB, and can skate trough the oppisition knda like Orr. He is a prospect though, but at age 21 shows alot of promise. Its pretty much like getting a number one draft pick, he could turn out like alexender daige, but looks more poised to be in the elite 1st rounders.

I've seen him play numerous times in the BCHL before he got drafted.

He was definitely the best defence on the ice most nights.

There's more hype than what he's actually worth though.

Most of it because he's so young and a UFA. Canuck fans are especially crazy about him because he's from BC though.

I personally saw him play last season twice and I am confused what the hype is about....

He did not stand out at all and it wasn't until I started hearing his name tossed around 2 weeks ago that I remembered who he was. Come to think of it he had a pretty nasty give away in his own end that ended with a 2 on 0 back but goalie bailed him out.

That being said... couldve been 2 bad games?

I personally saw him play last season twice and I am confused what the hype is about....

He did not stand out at all and it wasn't until I started hearing his name tossed around 2 weeks ago that I remembered who he was. Come to think of it he had a pretty nasty give away in his own end that ended with a 2 on 0 back but goalie bailed him out.

Judging by the clamour to court the former Anaheim second-round 2008 draft pick — he became a UFA on Monday thanks to a loophole in the expiring NHL collective bargaining agreement that cites his extra year of BCHL play before jumping to the NCAA and then snubbing the Ducks at the June 1 signing deadline — there’s widespread belief that at age 21, the West Kelowna product has a level of maturity to excel at the pro game. And with Schultz limited to a two-year, entry-level contract at $925,000 US annually, suitors are salivating.

Archived