The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schultz

SpursCanuck

I was sandbagging the shushwap shore line with his uncle and 2 cousins.

The family has a seasonal spot and the same place I do.

I never even put the 2 together till he brought it up, known the family a while. Had no idea that he was their nephew.

He never realy said anything, he just said it would be cool if he went to the Oliers, and I thought it was weird that he said that.

So I have jumped to a conclusion.

But I don't have Pictures so it never happened

That is main reason for all the hub bub. Besides of course Schultz's big potential. Its like having a young Drew Doughty in your line up for two years at less than a sixth his salary. Which leaves you with still a ton a cap space for other players. And if he doesn't live up to the hype......ah fogetaboutit. No biggy.

Which means the puck is in Schultz's glove. He's already rejected the Ducks. He is looking for a team that he believes he can play the style he wants to play, and be given the minutes he wants. I just hope it all doesn't go to his head, IF he signs here.

The other big IF is how a young entitled star like that will get on with AV. Not well IMO based on AV's past brutal impatience behaviour with rookies. But I'm willing to hope AV can change his ways and that he's learned from the Hodgson experience.

Um... no....I'm actually just old enough to remember.

I don't live in vancouver, let alone listen to any of their radio stations. I was coming back from Regina at the time that I read about this guy in the Hockey News. I remember the trip because it was ona greyhound and I was food poisoned and sick as a dog.

I recall the name and i remebetr it was about the time Adam Oates was signed as well, but not sure if it was with Detroit as well.

I used to live in vancouver, but was never a fan of Dave Pratt -wouldn't have wrote this if I knew he said something similar.

Archived