The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Realistic Plan

TO VAN: Tomas Fleischmann, Rights to Jason Garrison

TO FLA: Roberto Luongo, Manny Malhotra, Yann Sauve

Daniel Sedin (6.100)/ Henrik Sedin (6.100)/ Alexandre Burrows (2.000)

Tomas Fleischmann (4.500)/ Chris Higgins (1.900)/ David Booth (4.200)

Jannik Hansen (1.350)/ Jason Arnott (2.500)/ Zack Kassian (0.870)

Aaron Volpatti (0.600)/ Maxim Lapierre (1.000)/ Dale Weise (0.700)

Alexander Edler (3.250)/ Jason Garrison (4.500)

Dan Hamhuis (4.500)/ Kevin Bieksa (4.600)

Keith Ballard (4.200)/ Chris Tanev (0.900)

Andrew Alberts (1.250)

Cory Schneider (3.500)

Antero Niittymaki (1.500)

with Kesler

Sedin/Sedin/Burr

Fleischmann/Kesler/Booth

Higgins/Arnott/Kassian

Volpatti/Lapierre/Hansen or Weise

It's clear the team needs another top 6 forward, specifically someone who can play the RW on the 2nd line with Booth and Kesler. I think something Gillis needs to look at is acquiring a player who can play centre on the 2nd line while Kesler is out and shift to RW when Kesler returns. I can't think of such a player off the top of my head that would be available but a player with that kind of versatility would be ideal, given the situation the Canucks will be in with Kesler out for the first few months.

It's clear the team needs another top 6 forward, specifically someone who can play the RW on the 2nd line with Booth and Kesler. I think something Gillis needs to look at is acquiring a player who can play centre on the 2nd line while Kesler is out and shift to RW when Kesler returns. I can't think of such a player off the top of my head that would be available but a player with that kind of versatility would be ideal, given the situation the Canucks will be in with Kesler out for the first few months.

Archived