The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Classless Vancouver Organization Today......disgusting

vancouverdepression

Canucks lack of mention to Bure HOF nod  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And when they do post it after all the draft info,will you stop making posts like this?

Ffs. Your next topic headline will read "Ryan Kesler cuts toenails in BC park,Canucks website does not post about it,disgusting!"

I loved watching Bure play...

but...

he demanded a trade out of town, threatened not to play in the 94 run unless his contract was renegotiated... I am not a fan anymore.

On pure hockey he deserves to be honoured in the hall... but I don't think he deserves his jersey retired in Vancouver.

This is an outrage ! The Panthers acknowledged it already on their website and the Canucks didnt yet, so that means the Canucks are disgusting, despicable, classless, horrible, truly base, beyond contempt...you name it. They suck because of this. Let's start a riot over this.

I loved watching Bure play...

but...

he demanded a trade out of town, threatened not to play in the 94 run unless his contract was renegotiated... I am not a fan anymore.

On pure hockey he deserves to be honoured in the hall... but I don't think he deserves his jersey retired in Vancouver.

There is lots we don't know. Perhaps the Canucks offered to retire Bure's number (or put him in the ring of honour) and he said "screw you." Perhaps he has made clear that he wants nothing to do with the organisation. I am not going to make a judgement about whether the Canucks have acted badly without having all of the information.

Vancouver Canucks@VanCanucks

Media Release: Vancouver Canucks congratulate Hall of Fame inductees Pavel Bure and Mats Sundin.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=636204

Vancouver, B.C. – The Vancouver Canucks extend congratulations to former Vancouver Canucks Pavel Bure and Mats Sundin following their induction today to the Hockey Hall of Fame today.

“Pavel and Mats both had a tremendous impact on the NHL and provided fans many years of entertaining and inspiring hockey,” said Canucks President and General Manager, Mike Gillis. “Their impressive statistics and careers have earned them the prestigious honour of being Hall of Famers. Congratulations to Pavel and Mats on this much deserved honour.”

Bure dazzled Canucks fans for seven seasons while with Vancouver from 1991.92 to 1997.98, registering 478 points (254-224-478) in 428 games played. He holds franchise records for most points scored by a rookie (34-26-60 in 65 games played in 1991.92) and most shorthanded goals (24) and ranks in the top five in franchise history in game-winning goals (32), goals and hat-tricks (9). Bure shares the franchise lead in playoff goals with Trevor Linden, registering 34 in 60 playoff games with Vancouver. In 1994 his 16 playoff goals set a franchise record for most playoff goals in a playoff year and helped Vancouver to one win shy of a Stanley Cup Championship. Originally selected by Vancouver 113th overall in the 1989 NHL Entry Draft, Bure ranks fifth in scoring in his draft class and recorded more points per game (1.11) in his career than any of his peers drafted in 1989.

Sundin spent his final NHL season with Vancouver in 2008.09 when he recorded 28 points (9-19-28) in 41 regular season games and eight points (3-5-8) in eight playoff games. He finished third on the Canucks in playoff scoring behind Daniel and Henrik Sedin and finished ninth on the team in regular season scoring. In his NHL career spanning 18 seasons he compiled 1349 points (564-785-1349) in 1346 games played.

Archived