The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) Next season lineup(Realistic?)

I can see a few things happening this off season signing a forward trying to sign Garrison or Shultz

and dealing Luongo . This is what i want our lineup to look like i ask you guys is this realistic?

To Vancouver: Franson 2013/2014 1st rounder

To Toronto: Luongo

Its pretty much like the blue jackets/kings deal . Toronto gets a player thats very good at his position and we get some help in defence and a choice of a first round pick 2013/2014 . I just hope this deal doesnt end the same way.

Sign Voracek

Sign Shultz (people say vancouvers in his list)

Sign Garrison hes gonna ask for alot of money so i doubt we'll get him.

Trade:Ballard for what we can get we might get a good pick or prospect if teams are desperate for defence .

My lineup would work assuming Malhotra regains his old form and Kassian can play well after a summer of training and if we sign shultz and Voracek. I dont know who will replace Kesler until hes back maybe Shroeder? He might be able to play if he has two tough players helping him out.

Sedin Sedin Voracek

Burrows Kesler Kassian

Booth Malhotra Hansen

Volpatti Lapierre Higgins

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Shultz

Franson Tanev

Shneider

Backup: Lack ?

There is few goalies in the free agent market some goalies are: Auld,Mchilenny,Ellis,Conklin,Turco,Mason, Sanford etc.

The one that interests me the most is Chris mason he might not play for winnipeg if they sign Gustavsson and he would be a pretty good backup goalie to have .

My question : Is this lineup realistic ?

I want the Lou situation to be resolved but it looks like it could get ugly. If MG doesn't get a fair deal, I think he's going to put it on the back burner until the need for a goaltender becomes more urgent and will expect Lou to report to camp. I think MG will move forward, not expecting a deal to happen. He has to. I don't see any trades to happen. I think he'll opt to go the simple route and sign free agents to fill our needs.

Doan looks to be going to free agency. Perfect fit for us. He fills a need on a temporary basis, he can still produce, he brings grit and he should come at an affordable price. I would also pursue Paul Gaustad (if he gets to free agency) and Brandon Prust. On D I would like to see Schultz and Souray added.

Re sign Schneider and commit to him being our #1. I think as long as he knows he's our starter he will re sign a long term deal.

2012-2013 Line up:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Booth - Kesler - Doan

Higgins - LaPierre - Hansen

Prust - Gaustad - Kassian

Edler - Bieksa

Hamhuis - Schultz

Souray - Tanev

Schneider

Luongo or Lack

The back up position is subject to Lou wanting to report or not.

I like the looks of this line up. It adds a lot of experience and toughness without sacrificing in a trade. We gain more offense on the second line with Doan. Doan and Souray are not long term situations which is perfect for prospects who are close to making the line up.

While I do believe 1 or 2 of these are possible, the odds of getting it all done is obviously remote. MG has stated a desire to get younger. Maybe he should sign short term to allow our youth to develop. I think these are great options given our situation.

In the next 2 to 3 yrs I expect to see Jensen, Connauton and Sauve in the line up with players like Grenier, Gaunce and LaBate soon to follow. These kids are lookin sharp.

Archived