The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will Sedins be elected into Hall of Fame now that Bure got in?

Mountain Dew

As much as I like the Sedins, Bure is way ahead of them as Hall of Fame worthy. However after saying that, the Hockey HoF has an unfortunate history of allowing relatively mediocre players in, so who knows?. Compare hockey's standards to the Baseball or Pro Football HoF's, and it is pretty embarrassing.

I love the Sedins, but I don't think they're a lock for the HHoF just yet. I think they're definitely a lock when (not if) they reach at least 1200 points and as Cup champs at least once. Keep in mind that while public perception isn't a criteria per se, there may be an unconscious cognitive bias among the committee members. I'm sure a good portion of public perception on the Sedins is that they're "soft", but amassing 1000+ pts and winning the Cup would eliminate most of that negative perception.

Worst-case scenario, they'll get to 1000-pts mark w/o a Cup, and a looonger wait before getting inducted...in other words, I think they'll be inducted into the HHoF! :towel:

If this seems tooo strict, it's probably b/c I'm trying too hard not be a homer... xD

The next 2-4 years will tell us. If they keep playing the way the have (outside of the second half of last season) they are a no-brainer for the HOF. A Stanley Cup would lock them in for sure.

As for Bure, I'm kind of surprised that it took 6 years for his name to finally be called. Sure, there was no Cup, but he was electrifying. WIthout him, the Panthers are probably fighting for last place. He had like 30% of their goals in one season.

A little early for this question, but...

Has there ever been a more successful duo of two in the NHL, twins that find each other from almost every angle and finesse and juggle with the puck with such ease. Not sure, but has anyone played as many games together on the same line? Both are league leaders in scoring and among the top every year. Won trophies and will win more. How many times in a row has Henrik been the leader in assists now? What a saga the have to display in the HOF on their early careers, draft day, learning curve with the mentors, playing for one franchise throughout their careers (seems so) and so on. Captaining the team. Charity work in the community. And most definitely have their numbers up i the rafters when they're done. And stuff still to come.

It's a story they will wan't to share in the Hall of fame, for sure.

100%

When we cross that bridge. Seriously, they've done some things on the ice that have been incredible. They've both lead the league in scoring, they've both helped win a gold medal for their country. Created plays that are now a staple in the game, both have been the upmost professionals on and off the ice and last but not least, developed in the NHL to become the best duo in the league for three seasons or more.

First Ballot. No question.

100%

When we cross that bridge. Seriously, they've done some things on the ice that have been incredible. They've both lead the league in scoring, they've both helped win a gold medal for their country. Created plays that are now a staple in the game, both have been the upmost professionals on and off the ice and last but not least, developed in the NHL to become the best duo in the league for three seasons or more.

First Ballot. No question.

Archived