The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider can file for arbitration on July 5th which indicates something is up.

For all we know, a deal to sign Schneider long term could already be in place. It would probably hinge on Luongo being traded first though.

If that were the case, hopefully it would mean Schneider won't sign any offer sheets.

For all we know, a deal to sign Schneider long term could already be in place. It would probably hinge on Luongo being traded first though.

If that were the case, hopefully it would mean Schneider won't sign any offer sheets.

I posted this in the Luongo thread a few days ago. It clearly explains why the Schneider camp is dragging their feet:

Typical conversations between key players in the Luongo trade:

Burke to Gillis: "Dude, when can we get this deal done?? The media and Dave Nonis, who I secretly think has a lifelong man crush on Luongo, are driving me crazy!"

Gillis: "Sorry buddy, gotta sign Schneider first."

Schneider's agent to Schneider: "We should wait as long as we can before signing with the Canucks. If we wait til they trade Luongo, we can probably squeeze another half mil out of them. And then there are potential offer sheets. Some teams are willing to go as far as 4.5 mil for ya!"

Gillis to Schneider's agent: "We are prepared to offer 5 years, $17.5 million."

Schneider's agent's phone's automatic response to Gillis' calls from his cellphone: "Thank you for your call. I'm on vacation."

James Duthie to Gillis: "Any news with the Luongo trade?"

Gillis: "We are fielding more calls..."

I posted this in the Luongo thread a few days ago. It clearly explains why the Schneider camp is dragging their feet:

Typical conversations between key players in the Luongo trade:

Burke to Gillis: "Dude, when can we get this deal done?? The media and Dave Nonis, who I secretly think has a lifelong man crush on Luongo, are driving me crazy!"

Gillis: "Sorry buddy, gotta sign Schneider first."

Schneider's agent to Schneider: "We should wait as long as we can before signing with the Canucks. If we wait til they trade Luongo, we can probably squeeze another half mil out of them. And then there are potential offer sheets. Some teams are willing to go as far as 4.5 mil for ya!"

Gillis to Schneider's agent: "We are prepared to offer 5 years, $17.5 million."

Schneider's agent's phone's automatic response to Gillis' calls from his cellphone: "Thank you for your call. I'm on vacation."

James Duthie to Gillis: "Any news with the Luongo trade?"

Gillis: "We are fielding more calls..."

Probably an internal agreement to wait until the 5th to give VAN time to sort things out and Schneider to see what kind of offers are out there.

No point in rushing now, after the draft. Teams like TB, TOR, CLB are playing it cool with their "#1s", to try to put the heat on VAN. This may be a message to other teams that there is no heat on July 1 and VAN is able to wait as long as it takes.

i may be wrong but thats really bother me. i can smell from here (and i'm in france, so yes it smells big time) that we re going to fail on both side. no trading Luu (which is no that bad imo) and lets Schneids go without even getting something in return for his rights.

i do hope i'm worried for nothing.

Archived