The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Pierre Lebrun on 1040

Hall of Fame

Asked if he was surprised about who got in hall this year. Starts off by saying he was surprised that Sundin got into the hall of fame this year before Shanny. Says Sundin should be in but not this year.

Says Bure getting in was long overdue. Believes Eric Lindros will get in at some point with Bure and Neely getting in who were best players for short period of time. Similar scenario as Pavel and Neely.

Talked about how he thought some women deserved to go in but they didn’t. You can have 2 women max and you can have 6 people total so it wouldn’t have been at expense of guys.

He also believes Dave Andreychuk also should get in. There is room in the hall for guys with durability who are consistent for a long period of time as well.

Transactions

Sense he got about Boumeester is that he said in his exit meetings he is more than comfortable being traded. Compares to Keith Yandle situation where the guy is there and available but not aggressively. If they do not get the right deal they are looking for him then he will not deal him. Also says this transaction is indicative of the fact that Flames will not tear it down and will not rebuild for next season at least Wonders if Kings winning has given Flames hope that being a step up on mediocrity can get you to cup. Ie 8th seed making a run.

Oilers

Says Ralph Kreuger is a great person to get shot with the Oilers. He believes this hiring is low key but it is a homerun. He says people are confused of his path to the NHL as coach but he will be a good coach

Schultz

Basically everything we already know . He is told people both from Canucks and Oilers are hoping to meet with Schultz and do sales job with him today. 6 teams he believes he has pretty good shot are Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton, Philly, Detroit, Rangers. Says it is going to be a tough decision for Schultz.

Shane Doan

Says all the contenders have to consider him. He believes he would command 4-5 mil a year but term is going to be the question.

I laughed a little at Calgary looking at LA's situation this year and thinking a step up on mediocrity can get you to the cup. LA underperformed all year until they started to put it together in the final 20 games. Calgary hasn't underperformed in some time - they're just not that good.

I laughed a little at Calgary looking at LA's situation this year and thinking a step up on mediocrity can get you to the cup. LA underperformed all year until they started to put it together in the final 20 games. Calgary hasn't underperformed in some time - they're just not that good.

"Also says this transaction is indicative of the fact that Flames will not tear it down and will not rebuild for next season at least Wonders if Kings winning has given Flames hope that being a step up on mediocrity can get you to cup. Ie 8th seed making a run."

Absolutely ridiculous of the Flames (who overachieved last year to even keep pace) to compare themselves to a team that floundered all year, were projected as a contender, have a deep balanced lineup and viable prospects.

The Flames are still deluding themselves? Unbelievable.

I would love to have Doan, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I think he'll still end up in Phoenix, considering he's only looking at free agency because of the ownership situation. If a few things get sorted out then he'll likely stay.

Archived