The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So is Gragnani qualified or not?

mrsasaki

Yeah, shopping Gragnani makes Gillis look desperate. Other teams could care less about this guy. Why should Gillis? He already has better players in the system and on the rise.

The fact that he was competing with Tanev for ice-time was just more brain-dead BS on AV's part. It was very obvious that Tanev is much better than MAG.

Still, I am much happier that Rome will be gone. I seriously don't get what AV's love affair with him was...

:picard: Some guys get thrown in as part of a trade. MG took a flyer on this guy and it didn't pan out. Why complain about what we think management's mentality is? MAG got hot during the playoffs with Buffalo last year. Wasn't going to happen this year or ever again. Oh Well.

My guess is they got him as a value part of the deal, a call option. If it worked out great if not let him go. Perhaps MG wanted to put him in the minors so he could develop some more.

He could skate, but that offensive game wasn't really evident and his defensive play was attrocious. I was actually quite surprised this guy was in the NHL whn I watched him, we have much better players in the minors. He needs more time to develop in the minors and maybe his agent was averse to that, so MG decided ok, well we're not wasting cap space and a roster spot on you so cya!

Yeah, shopping Gragnani makes Gillis look desperate. Other teams could care less about this guy. Why should Gillis? He already has better players in the system and on the rise.

The fact that he was competing with Tanev for ice-time was just more brain-dead BS on AV's part. It was very obvious that Tanev is much better than MAG.

Still, I am much happier that Rome will be gone. I seriously don't get what AV's love affair with him was...

Proves Gillis was not at his best when he made the trade.

Thought Kassian was ready to make an impact right away? Thought (and this is unbelievable) that acquiring a 4th left side D (when we had Ballard already languishing) was a good idea? Hell, we already had a PP quarterback AHL all star left side D we could have called up!

:picard:

Good thing this bone headed trade has been the exception, not the rule.

Thank God he was NOT qualified.

My guess was that the team intended to qualify him all along, but that when they realized they were in real deep on Schultz (and maybe a couple other guys), they had to quickly scramble to clear some contracts to get under the 50 contract limit.

Thank God he was NOT qualified.

My guess was that the team intended to qualify him all along, but that when they realized they were in real deep on Schultz (and maybe a couple other guys), they realized they had to quickly clear some contracts as they were at the 50 contract limit.

This 'who cares' mentality is not what management should have. They should be trying to get the best return possible. 14 games and out is pretty weak. Either get some other player with some sort of value or a pick at least instead of poorly evaluating a player then simply dumping him at seasons end.They poorly scouted Gragnani or they didn't really care what else they got in the deal for Cody and came to the conclusion that they were going to dump Gragnani at seasons end anyway. It's one or the other.

Pretty sure he was shopped while he was with Buffalo and generated 0 interest at the time as well. I don't think a $550k d-man who is a liability on the defensive end will garner much interest, especially when there is no risk for the team to wait out Gillis (either GMMG qualifies and takes a 550k d-man off the market, or the other teams don't need to spend a pick to negotiate his rights).

Considering the rights for Christian Ehrhoff were traded for a fourth (multiple times) last season, how much do you think a return for MAG would be?

Also, considering that we didn't use Sulzer a whole lot during his time here, I don't think it really matters which defenseman came back in the Hodgson deal. The trade with Buffalo was essentially Kassian for Hodgson.

Archived